Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJC-787

Reaction score
i am just about to upgrade to a class 2 license and eventually go to class 2 cat 1,2,3 so i was wondering what snake other than a python i can get on a class 2 is a good snake to keep and the availability of them. i was looking at macklay's water snake keelback northern tree snake the first 2 would be my first choice

Why not get a nice quite RBB ? That will be on the top of my list once my class two goes through

Sorry miss read question

Hodges RBBs are on Cat.1 license so BJ needs to hold his Class 2 Non-Venomous license for at least 12 months before he can keep a red belly.

I am no expert with the "snakes" but have read quite a lot of feedback that any of your tree snakes are good to keep. Not sure on their availability though. The night tiger is an absolute gorgeous snake, would be one I want to have, but I am happy to stick with my pythons. I don't know about the keelbacks. The snake themselves are probably ok but I would be more worried about how critical it might be to keep their water quality just right for them. So look into all that B4 you jump in. Keeping them happy is more important than how well they can be handled.

already got a brown tree snake they are on class 1

there isn't that much to choose from in the way of class 2 non venomous

Arafura File Snake
Northern Tree Snake
Macleay's Water Snake
keelback
White-Lipped Python
Amethyst Python
Rough-Scaled Python
Green Python

so with out the pythons it is down to 4
i was thinking of woma and then they have put them on class one

why not wait till you know what you want cause you might not need a class 2 for the snake you end up wanting?

i know i want to get to class 2 catagory 1 for a rbb or collets and then class2 catagory 2 for tigers, mulgas, adders and then class 2 catagory 3 for costal and inland tiapan

inland tiapan is my ultimate snake, i just love them

i wouldn't mind the Macleay's Water Snake but i looked at the reptile holdings for 06 and theye were only 2 people in nsw with them and only 4 animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back