Cleaning Reptile Cage And Equipment?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Virkon is great but does have a very short shelf life once diluted, about 7 days. Many of the major animal shelters use Virkon because it is so good, and possibly the most environmentally friendly as it is all biodegradable. It has very few side effects and is much healthier for animals if they come in contact with it.

Virkon has very few side effects and is much healthier for animals if they come in contact with it.
When you say its healthier for animals what are you comparing that to? Bleach? F10?

Cheers,
Aaron

Yes Aaron, it has no harmful residue or odour like bleach. I volunteer at a shelter and it is very safe for the animals to be around. The dogs are crated whilst in use but are let out after a few minutes once it has dried. The most important thing to keep in mind is that any organic material will render any disinfectant ineffective so a thorough clean with soap and water is required first. For small animals I would rinse the item after using virkon, before replacing in back in the enclosure.

I haven't used F10 personally, I have been told it has a smell but I don't know about any side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back