Click Clack size for Jungle Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McCarthyFarms

Reaction score
Hi guys!

First time posting here, and have been poring over related threads but can’t seem to find exactly what I’m looking for.

I’m setting up a click clack for a young jungle I’m bringing home on the weekend. It’s my first snake, and first youngster I’ve been around. I’ve had a lot to do with pythons belonging to friends, but they’ve all been adults and in their permanent enclosure.

I’ve got everything ready to set up - hides, heat mat, thermostat, perches...the only thing I can’t settle on is what size tub. I saw a lot of people recommending the 7L Sistema tub, and thought that was a bit small so went with a 9.6L. But now even that seems too small.

Could someone recommend what size tub they’d put an 8-9 month old Jungle python in? He was hatched in December 2018.
I’m picking him up on the weekend so not too sure on his length yet and don’t want him to be in something too small!

Thanks guys!

I use these, and put 2 dowel sticks from end to end , heat mat under tub,

I use these, and put 2 dowel sticks from end to end , heat mat under tub,

Great, thank you! Yes I have dowel ready and was going to run two lengths along, one across and one lengthways at different heights. I just wasn’t sure if this sized tub would be big enough, and wanted to check before starting to put everything in. The dimensions of the Sistema tub compared to the one you have are pretty much the same. Thanks for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back