Close Call

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny at work after most people read that article (or the other article about the Python eating that man over seas ) they all had a typical snake hating story about when they where chased up a tree by a snake or being chased by a brown as a kid. Every one I know at work and out side of work has a lot of hatred for snakes. I don't get it but we're all different I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too have heard many ridiculous stories of snakes chasing people to kill them. I have encountered many a tiger snake or dugite, whether it be out in the bush, or just cruising around near the frog pond and not once did they show any signs of aggression. They just went on their merry way. The only time I've seen aggressive said snakes was when they were being harassed by people or their dogs.

I was in pet barn a few weeks ago and one of the employees was on the phone sounding frantic... when she finally got off the phone, she proceeded to tell me that her son just killed a tiger snake. I said 'oh the poor thing' and she responded with 'well it was him or the snake'

I made a halfarsed attempt to advise that the snake would have just moved on and no one would have been hurt but she continued to give lame excuses as to why he just HAD to kill it. Gave up in the end.

Some people will just always have that mentality I guess.

Yeah I know the feeling stompsy. I have told so many people the same thing " leave it alone and it'll just go about its day " but the story all ways ends the same , them killing the snake like a big hero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Even told her they should have called someone to relocate it. She told me they were too far out bush for anyone to travel there. ''Twas at that point, I gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back