clouded eyes ??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi i have a female nth QLD diamond python named Lucy.im trying to type and she is all over me lol .
She shread her shin a couple of weeks ago but she has clouded eyes in the last few days ? Why is this ? Anyone help with this cheers Trev.

Well she is about 2 1/2 yrso 6 ft long and i feed her about every 5-6 days at the moment

I think you feed her too much. 6ft for a 2yr old is huge. What does she eat? I am thinking at her size, considering her age, you should back her off to say once a week or fortnight, depending on the size of the food she is getting. Growing too quickly is as bad for their health as it is for us to be fat. Let us know what size food and how much you are giving her.

Yeah cut down on the food. Feed her one big feed fortnightly.

Whoever told you its a NQ diamond fibbed a little to you. There are no such things - but maybe you got one of those 'northern rainforest diamonds' I've seen advertised. They don't come from NQ either but I think they are meant to be from the northern range of diamond pythons.

I will put up a pic when i get a chance .She has been x breed to get the patten and colours from her .Lucy has Green / Olive colours comming from her with a unreal patten .
Ok i will back down on her feed . She eating large rats and seems to handle those with out a problem .cheers guys /Girls

I think its also worth pointing out snakes shed their skin more often if they have a cut or a sore or (fingers crossed not the case) if they have snake mites. Can be harder to see in Diamonds (if thats what your snake is) because of their black scales. Has she been sitting in her water bowl lately? Check for dead mites in the water bowl (like little black grains of sand).

no she has been normal just has a big personality lol .

I will put up a pic when i get a chance .She has been x breed to get the patten and colours from her .Lucy has Green / Olive colours comming from her with a unreal patten .
Ok i will back down on her feed . She eating large rats and seems to handle those with out a problem .cheers guys /Girls

There is no such thing as a Nrth QLD diamond, unless somebody bred a diamond with a jungle and is saying their a nrth QLD diamond. Or, it is most probably a natural intergrade. Where the Coastal carpet pythons distrubution overlaps the Diamond python distrubution. That occurs around the area's of Port Macquarie NSW I believe.

There is no such thing as a Nrth QLD diamond, unless somebody bred a diamond with a jungle and is saying their a nrth QLD diamond. Or, it is most probably a natural intergrade. Where the Coastal carpet pythons distrubution overlaps the Diamond python distrubution. That occurs around the area's of Port Macquarie NSW I believe.

portul (Small).jpg True you are right Ned .Here's a pic of my intergrade

northern rainforest diamonds are from the northern regions of the diamonds range and not from northen qld. you may of been mistaken

I heard talk quite a while back about so-called QLD rainforest diamonds. I think you'll find someone has introduced a hybrid to the world and called it this. True diamonds are cooler region animals.

The diamond/coastal "Port Mac" pythons aren't the only pythons to be considered intergrade. This word is widely used and inaccurately points only at the diamond/coastals of the Gosford-Nth NSW regions. Intergrades are a sub-species of two species where their regions overlap, and have adapted to conditions at either end where conditions might start to get a little harsh for two species involved. Diamonds like the cooler regions, coastals like the warmer regions. In between you have their natural hybridised cousins who take up the climate in between. But also, your murray darlings, who take up big area inland, can overlap the diamonds and coastals, too. I've never heard of anybody having a murray/coastal intergrade but that's not to say they don't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back