coastal carpet has red belly

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninabuddha

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, my female coastal carpet has got a red underbelly some people experience this before eating its been called 'blood lust' however my girl ate last weekend on the 1st of feb but the weather was cold but she has her heat light so she got her food down (that was probs a bad move but she was due for a feed) she ate a month old bantam chicken however through her eating process my sister brought in alot of her friends when i wasnt home so im thinking the red belly could be stress related but im unsure.

please help.

Just before my big Coastal/Intergrade girl sheds her belly goes red, so maybe it is the same with yours. :) ..............................Ron

yea i forgot to add that in she is coming into shed but this is her first shed with me as i have had her for 3 months now and her previous owner said she never went pink.

There are variations of red / pink. If it's still there after her shed then worry. :)

Yes I am with the others that it is probably coming up to shed. My coastal you can hardly notice it on but my diamond/coastal which is black and white it is very noticeable.

There are variations of red / pink. If it's still there after her shed then worry. :)

Clearly this is a pre-shed characteristic. There will be no need to worry... about what anyway?

Jamie

I know it is I was just simple reassuring the op that there is nothing to worry about. My hatchy goes all pink underneath too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back