Coastal Carpets - Room/Hides/Enclosure Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd2302

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi again guys,

Thanks to those who replied to my last post regarding spotted vs coastal... I have decided on a coastal. A few quick questions (just too make sure I get things right.

1: Where is the hide best situated in the enclosure?
2: I see some people keep hatchlings/juveniles in 10 gallon tub sorta things, is there any problems with this for a temporary home? I am going to get a good-looking set-up but as you guys probably know, they aren't cheap so it could take a few weeks.
3: Also, how much room for hatchlings/juveniles? I want too give my coastal as much space as required, especially as it grows. Also would like too know how much room they'll need as they grow larger.

Thanks for your time, getting more and more excited as the days go by! :p

1: Best to have various hides through out the enclosure. I would have one in the warm end and one in the cool end at minimum. It is up to you. You can hides on the ground, attatched to the wall or wherever you think (Make sure it is secure!)
2:Click clacks make great houses for babies. I recommend keeping juvies in tubs. They feel safer, easier to clean and the opaque walls make them feel secure. There is a thread on how to make one on here....I'll dig it up for you :) Keep the click clack on a heat mat. They shouldn't need to move into a large enclosure until they are 1 year old. Take your time making the enclosure!
3: I have never kept coastals so correct me if I am wrong...coastals are large pythons and hatchies should be fine in a click clack. I would start with a 10 liter tub and then move to a 30l (depends on hatchie size really) and then into either a 50l and then a large enclosure or you can put them in earlier if you have plenty of hides or a divider. Please correct me if I am wrong :)

Hope this helped....good luck with your scaley pal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back