cold weather and ackies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found my 6month old Ackie has gotten picky, past month or so, refusing woodies aswell. Though can't refuse a chopped up pinky!

My girl has gone off food altogether also I'm on the GC but nighttime temps have been much cooler this year. She has same sort of basking temps 70hot spot ambient 30-25 hot cold end. She also has very deep substrate about 30cm and she tends to burrow down overnight. Nighttime temps in reptile room probably hit about 12 degrees lately...quite cool. Should I supply night time heat to get her eating again.

My girl has gone off food altogether also I'm on the GC but nighttime temps have been much cooler this year. She has same sort of basking temps 70hot spot ambient 30-25 hot cold end. She also has very deep substrate about 30cm and she tends to burrow down overnight. Nighttime temps in reptile room probably hit about 12 degrees lately...quite cool. Should I supply night time heat to get her eating again.
I personally wouldn't have a clue, this is my first monitor, hence this thread started with me asking nooby questions. although if their anything like snakes they usually stop eating this time of the year unless their hatchies.

I guess it depends on how old she is?. IMO, I wouldnt bother supplying an adult night time heat, Gets pretty low across there natural range.
But a Juvie your trying to feed up, night time heating would be a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back