Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i'm Sammie i live with my partner in brisbaneour current collection/family consists of:-

4x jungle pythons (osiris-3yrs old, questa-1.5yrs old, kybella-1.5years old, PMS-3yrs old)
3x murray darling carpet pythons (boy-5yrs old, lil miss-5yrs old, nahla-5yrs old)
2x krefts river turtles (arthur and martha-both about 5 yrs old)
1x beared dragon (lou-3mnths old)
1x green tree frog (oswald-2yrs old)
2x siberian huskies (brooklyn and hali) with a few puppies hopefully to enter the world tonight or tomorrow...
lots of rats and mice (some are pets some are for breeding/feeding purposes)

we are looking to increase our reptile collection in due time but way too many things on the wish list...

Hey Sammie!
I LOVE you'r collection. Very nice.
I'm not a dog person whatsoever but Huskies are gorgeous and babies! Naww =]

Hey Sammie!
I LOVE you'r collection. Very nice.
I'm not a dog person whatsoever but Huskies are gorgeous and babies! Naww =]

Thanks Tara,
they are a beautiful dog to have, and the puppies are very cute, it will be sad to have to sell them...
the collection is increasing at a slow pace at the moment...

hey taraleigh i cant choose between the 2.. they both have quirks about them so it is hard to choose hahah

Fair enough! I want one or the other. Or both =p

Yeah I have never been into dogs or cats. At all.
But it's all very exciting for you =]
Mine is growing but I have a feeling that whatever I have, it will never be enough. I will collect til the day I die!

we went from 3 reptiles to 11 reptiles in about 4 months so i think we have taken a break on growing the collection for a short period of time to get the other animals sorted as well as increase our rat breeding colony so hopefully we will no longer have to buy rats to feed the snakes we have at the moment and the rest we plan on buying.

Yeah we went from a couple of each frog, turtle, snake & lizard to 34 in a 6 month period.... Haha.
My boyfriend actually works on a rat farm so that's VERY handy. But we need to start doing it at home too.
Buying food is way too expensive if you have a large collection.
Crickets as well.... a bit over feeding tub upon tub of them out @ $5-$7 each.... That's fading out into other options.

I think all reptiles and amphibians are worth the money Zeke! =] You'r very right.

Hey TaraLeigh, welcome to the site :)
Names Mel and my collection is nowhere near everyone elses haha oh well! I got:
1 spotted python - Nagini
Hoping for an MD soon and my cousins albino darwin... he reckons he's going to give it to me, but I doubt he will when he realizes the price of them lol.
3 horses - Filly and Amber are thoroughbreds and Carly is an arab X
1 dog - Sandy is a dingo X husky. Weird combination eh?

Hope you have fun on here! :)

Hey TaraLeigh, welcome to the site :)
Names Mel and my collection is nowhere near everyone elses haha oh well! I got:
1 spotted python - Nagini
Hoping for an MD soon and my cousins albino darwin... he reckons he's going to give it to me, but I doubt he will when he realizes the price of them lol.
3 horses - Filly and Amber are thoroughbreds and Carly is an arab X
1 dog - Sandy is a dingo X husky. Weird combination eh?

Hope you have fun on here! :)

Hey Mel!
Thanx. I'm already having fun and learning new things every day on here. I love it.
I want to go horse riding too.
Jealous.
Do you plan on having more reptiles in the future or are you happy with just a couple?

Hey everyone else..... start posting some pics! =]

Ok, heres some:

and a few more, the last one is my rat Zeke who recently died:(

Attachments

• daggerhead1.jpg
    daggerhead1.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 266
  • womapostshed2.jpg
    womapostshed2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 232
  • CNDSmall.jpg
    CNDSmall.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 239
  • cnd1.jpg
    cnd1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 230
  • smijclimb.jpg
    smijclimb.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 285
  • KingGhedorah.jpg
    KingGhedorah.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 242
  • CLOAK1.jpg
    CLOAK1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 266
  • womaboy1a.jpg
    womaboy1a.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 253
  • lizard2.jpg
    lizard2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 247
  • 39698_1460624589183_1040475862_31358628_5813319_n.jpg
    39698_1460624589183_1040475862_31358628_5813319_n.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 261
No problem :)

Yes I definitely plan on getting some more... I think I might stick to snakes though, I definitely have a soft spot for them! After an MD (if I dont get an albino darwin) then I'll probably head towards a woma... They seem so much different to other pythons and a lot of people on here seem to recommend them.. Maybe I'll add to my antaresia and get a stimsons or childrens? Hmmm... You've got me thinking now! Hahaha. Oh and here's a pick of Nagini :)
SNAKEYBOY444.jpg

Ok, heres some:

and a few more, the last one is my rat Zeke who recently died:(

Nice pics. Cheers.
You have some very nice reptiles!
Love the dog bowl. Aha. We have a few of them on the go.
=[ Poor Zeke. My heart goes out to you. Adoreable photo you have there though. At least a cute memory.

No problem :)

Yes I definitely plan on getting some more... I think I might stick to snakes though, I definitely have a soft spot for them! After an MD (if I dont get an albino darwin) then I'll probably head towards a woma... They seem so much different to other pythons and a lot of people on here seem to recommend them.. Maybe I'll add to my antaresia and get a stimsons or childrens? Hmmm... You've got me thinking now! Hahaha. Oh and here's a pick of Nagini :)View attachment 199538

I suggest a Stimsons if you were tossing up. They're great snakes. Actually Mikey, my boyfriends and now my Stimmo is the python that got me into this whole reptile keeping business and developed my love for snakes. He is the best boy in the world. I love him. Mike Mike <3 Then I bought 2 more at the Reptile Expo- Jumanji and Delilah- they're gorgeous too.

I want a Woma. For sure. Nice pic of Nagini =] Good eye shot!

Last edited:
I'm Damien

I own:
2 year old Bluey named Dash, Calm as anything and loves cuddles.
4 month old Beardie named Bowser, Mental little thing. Will eat from hand but hates being picked up but if you can catch him he calms down.

Wishlist= My signature

Collection:
7 fish in a 2ft x 1ft x 1ft tank (4 goldfish, 2 white cloud mountain minnows and 1 long-finned zebra danio)
2 dogs (One Shih Tzu x Maltese male, Rasta, 5 y/o, one unknown female, Sheeba, 2 y/o)
2 Growling Grass Frogs (Akka and Jinin, males)
1 Centralian Blue-tongued Lizard (Rajkumar, male)

Collection:
7 fish in a 2ft x 1ft x 1ft tank (4 goldfish, 2 white cloud mountain minnows and 1 long-finned zebra danio)
2 dogs (One Shih Tzu x Maltese male, Rasta, 5 y/o, one unknown female, Sheeba, 2 y/o)
2 Growling Grass Frogs (Akka and Jinin, males)
1 Centralian Blue-tongued Lizard (Rajkumar, male)

Do you have any photos of your frogs?
And or Blue-Tongue? Centralians intrigue me.

- Thanx! Love them =]

I'm Damien

I own:
2 year old Bluey named Dash, Calm as anything and loves cuddles.
4 month old Beardie named Bowser, Mental little thing. Will eat from hand but hates being picked up but if you can catch him he calms down.

Wishlist= My signature

Hey Damien.
I love you'r wishlist!

Last edited:
Blueberry.jpg
Blueberry- Female Blue-Tongue Lizard, 6 years+

Treasure Delilah.jpg
Delilah- Female Stimsons Python, Roughly 3 years

Saphira.jpg
Saphira- Female Eastern Water Dragon, 1 year on 30/5/11 :D

Might be adding a Black Headed Python or 2 to the collection =] I've chosen them over a Woma. But not saying I don't want a Woma either. Diamonds shall still come and remain #1 on the want list.... but when the right opp comes. BHP/s for now? I think yes.

Hey there!
My current collection is quite bare as i'm only just getting back into reptiles (had to sell mine due to work/family committments about 1.5 years ago :(). I've got a pair of hatchy Bredli's (got them last week) - Kano (left) and Kitana (right) :D
Kano & Kitana.jpg

Hey there!
My current collection is quite bare as i'm only just getting back into reptiles (had to sell mine due to work/family committments about 1.5 years ago :(). I've got a pair of hatchy Bredli's (got them last week) - Kano (left) and Kitana (right) :DView attachment 199867

Very nice, very nice. I had to laugh at the background of the pic though- the kids room? Aha.

That's like when I was taking pics to show off my new baby Jungles I had to get the background plain carpet- not with the ugly curtains or anything. Feel free to have a look at my albums. I need to upload heaps more photos though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back