Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Tongues are good but you already have Pink Tongues and I think they are better. Aha. Monitors are awesome in every way shape and form. Deff get one. EWD's are sweet as well and I can't wait to get frillies. Wheeleri are high on my list but I have never even seen them for sale! Besides one on here that went in a flash. CND's are on my list too. Beardies= best friends.

Haha not sure about a Perentie. Maybe. There will be a new species list put out in 2012 apparently. Now is the time that you can put in a special form which advises the addition of species to that list.
If you want a Perentie badly enough and are good at research maybe you should find out about the form and where to get and do one yourself.

Well ill introduce myself and my mini zoo! My name is Chantelle, 21, have been keeping reptiles since i can remember lol Im studying herpetology at uni, with my honours degree being the study of genetics/ecology of tiger snakes. Born in QLD and then moved to tassie..

My Zoo has plenty of animals:

10 Tiger Snakes
2 Lowland Copperheads
8 Blotched Blue-Tongues
2 Mountain Dragons

1 Cat
2 Dogs - Border Collie and a dalmatian
2 OTT TB Horses
and a few birds :D

my wish list is too long to mention haha, plenty of pythons, elapids, and monitors on there ;)

Hey TaraLeigh

Love ya collection :)

Have only kept Bluetongues and Marbled Geckos :|, which was a long time ago...have a huge population of Marbled Geckos in the backyard and have seen some awesomely patterned ones...have been focusing more photographing them in the wild but after reading bout peoples collections it makes me wanna get my license and get into it again

Also did have a dog (a Doberman called Harvey)-sadly he passed away :( about a month or so ago
and a Cockatiel has made its way to the home which can say a few things

Got alot of catchin up to do...need to move and, yeh, get a bigger house to keep up with my wishlist which is endless but will name a few I'd love to get:
Scrub, Black-headed, Pygmy and Green Tree Pythons
Jungle and Centralian Carpets
Collett's, Speckled Brown and Red-bellied Black Snakes
any Death Adder sp
Brown Tree Snake (Night Tiger form)
Green Tree Snake (blue morph)
any of the spiny-tailed geckos
any of the leaf-tails and knob-tails
Giant Cave, Jewelled and Golden-tailed geckos
Ridge-tailed and Mangrove Monitors
Long-nosed, Painted, Red-barred and Boyd's Forest Dragons
Burtons Snake Lizard and Hooded Scaly foot
+ a few frogs too
+ many more
am waiting for the new list of herps that you can keep in Victoria, hopefully the N. wheeleri knobtail will be on it

Look forward to meetin up to do some field herpin :)

There are some amazing collections out there, so here's my smallish one.

1x Eastern Blue-Tongue - Bluey/Bluester/Bluey Lizard (depending on my mood)
2x Cunningham Skinks - Not named because I can't really tell the difference, it doesn't help that their in an outdoor enclosure. But I think one is bigger than the other.

IMG_1023.jpg
IMG_1042.jpg
IMG_0576.jpg
IMG_0388.jpg

And I'm looking for an Eastern Bearded, so I'll have more soon......
Wish List:
Ackie
Hypo Bredli
Jungle
Broad-Banded Sandswimmer
Stimson's
Water Python
GTP
Diamond
Perentie
Eastern Water Dragon
RBB
Rainbow Lorrikeet (Bird)
Lace Monitor
Some Gecko's

All of which will come after I win 30mil in the lottery :)

I CAN keep wheeleri in Vic.... just on an advanced license.... depression turned into excitement when I found that out!
I WILL have a Perentie one day. Please don't laugh at other states misfortune :(
I gotta add another Centralian Carpet Python and a Sand Monitor to my collection list.... probably something else I have forgotten as well but I'm all reptileandamphibianed up and am a pretty happy person.
Got a pair of Diamonds and an Albino Darwin on the way.
Hey Elapo, sorry for your losses, nice wishlist.... look forward to going on a good herp sess with ya too.
Hey MathewB- Are your Cunninghams psychos? Also like your wishlist.

I CAN keep wheeleri in Vic.... just on an advanced license.... depression turned into excitement when I found that out!
I WILL have a Perentie one day. Please don't laugh at other states misfortune :(
I gotta add another Centralian Carpet Python and a Sand Monitor to my collection list.... probably something else I have forgotten as well but I'm all reptileandamphibianed up and am a pretty happy person.
Got a pair of Diamonds and an Albino Darwin on the way.
Hey Elapo, sorry for your losses, nice wishlist.... look forward to going on a good herp sess with ya too.
Hey MathewB- Are your Cunninghams psychos? Also like your wishlist.
Really, I thought you couldn't keep them here full stop, can't find them on my list.

They used to be, they kinda still are. They don't like handling but they calm down for a bit if you hold them for a little while but I don't think they enjoy it. Starting to get used to my presence but I think thats because I'm down at the enclosure every day for a hour, despite this they still run away when they see me. I haven't been bitten but thats not through lack of trying on the Cunningham's part, I was petting one once and didn't realise he/she was asleep and I touched his/hers head, which was a mistake, and my finders narrowly escaped being chomped on.

Despite all this I do love them (even though I'm pretty sure they don't like me) and I'm hoping I have a male and female, I'm not sure if they're old enough to breed but I'm hoping they are. The only problem is I don't know which one is which and then, how am I supposed to catch the little devils?

So in conclusion, they were, and in some part still are, psychos.....

Hey, I'm Jonny, 23 from Newcastle.
My collection currently consists of..

2x Darwin Carpets- 1x Albino male (Ra), 1x Het female (Cleopatra)
2x Jungles- (Stone line) 1x male (Lucifer), 1x female (Lilith)
1x Stimson- male (Jeffrey)

Soon to be a few more, currently in the process of buying my first house.
Wanting-
Pair of Olives (Hets)
Pair of BHP
Female Darwin (Albino)
Roughie

G'day Jonny, nice to meet you.
Feel free to add some pics- especially interested in seeing your Darwins.
With you on wanting a Rough-Scaled Python. I think they might be next. Maybe.
Good luck with the move. I'm renting and it's the boyfriends only freak out when I mention I want another reptile or frog. Space and moving all the heavy enclosures etc.
An Albino Olive would be the ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back