Collections other than snakes?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Flexxx, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Flexxx

Flexxx Active Member

What else besides snakes do you collect? Any strange, weird or wonderful?
    Post some pics and/or tell us about what you collect.
    Me im a borderline hoarder haha, I collect way to many things. A few things I collect are beer cans and bottles, I must have several hundred of them, all still full
    Jack Daniels also all still full
    Rubik's cubes got over 100 of them too.
    low rider and old-school pushbikes.
    And my oddity collection with everything from vintage medical equipment and animal bones to preserved fox head in a jar and human skulls.

Show us what you collect!!!

2. Josiah Rossic

Josiah Rossic Active Member

I think nowadays most people have started collecting toilet paper.:p

3. dragonlover1

dragonlover1 Subscriber Subscriber

I used to collect beer bottles, My brother and I would try something exotic every week end, some were nice and some were absolutely disgusting but all the bottles,cans were lined up on the shelf till my wife got the .... and we had to throw them out.
    My major collection is things related to The Phantom. I have a couple of thousand comics from around the world plus lots of other memorabilia.
    I also collect edged weapons,I think knives,swords etc. are art. I also have a few old cameras and associated bits and pieces.
    I also have hundreds of old coins, if anybody wants some PM me

4. nuttylizardguy

nuttylizardguy Well-Known Member

SLR and DSLR cameras, camera lenses, telescopes ( for astrophotography ), eyepieces ( I have fine collection of Naglers ) = life long interest in astronomy , fishing rods ( I build all my own as custom jobs ) , fishing reels ( mostly big Alveys , but I do have some very good overheads, baitcasters, and top quality eggbeaters ) = been a keen fisho since I was kid , physics , chemistry , advanced maths , and engineering reference texts = life long learner / student , and I've collected multiple dual degrees ( Chemistry , then Chemical Engineering & Maths , then Computer Engineering & Physics, , Engineering Management ).

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Ryan-James and Ropey like this.
  5. Josiah Rossic

Josiah Rossic Active Member

Ha ha, been there. My brother and I used to collect wine bottle lids ( Wolf Blass were the prized ones), we had over a hundred of them all displayed out on an old shoe shelf. However when mum found out......

6. Herptology

Herptology Well-Known Member

My sister collected movie tickets, she would use Card binders to store them and had a few full of them

7. mrkos

mrkos Well-Known Member

Longbows

8. Ryan-James

Ryan-James Active Member

Nice! x2 I also have collected heaps of primitive hunting equipment, skins, furs, antlers etc, when I had more time I used to forge knives and axes and things, made my own bows and arrows and did a lot of flintknapping and primitive skill stuff.

I also have a mighty fine collection of invertebrates (mainly au tarantulas and trapdoor spider species).

mrkos likes this.