Coloured beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I love the look of little beardies with their cool patterns and their colours. But all the old ones are pretty mucky colours. The brilliant orange/red ones obviously show that colour, but almost all other ones look just like a plain, matt monotone colour. And no hint of cute patterns like the babies.

Or is that just me?

Depends what floats your boat really, I prefer no pattern. Generally if they are coloured as juveniles they will be even better as adults.

BUMP...any more out there?

I prefer the solid colour, no-pattern look too.

I've noticed that a lot of the coloured dragons in the States are very 'busy' looking, with fifty million different colours going on at once.
Somewhat reminiscent of a Jackson Pollock :lol:

Going back to something mentioned earlier in this thread, Ive seen a few blood red eastern beardies in the wild. Bighter red than most red vitticeps. Unfortunely couldnt b kept. So yer certainly red barbata out there. Alex

re Coloured

Heres some pics of my two oldest babys that would be about four months old taken outside without flash,the litle one on my hand is from the last batch in november,it was born with the reddish stripes down the back and its starting to get the bright yellow head colour.

Last edited:
This is my babies dad:

attachment.php

female eastern beardie

SG1S1244.jpg

Wow, there really are some awesome coloured Beardies here!
I've never seen an eastern other than grey before, and thought only the centrals came In diff. colours, are they harder to find? What would this ones colour be?
Thanks

can anyone tell me what you look for when you are picking a baby beardy colour wise that is, is it just strong colours showing as babies, Btw everyones beardys are looking great.

I have an India x Tricky off spring that looks good atm. Don't know how to post pics though. May work it out soon.

India X Tricky. TGR. As soon as you pull out the camera he dulls his colours.

Attachments

• Bolts4clipped.jpg
    Bolts4clipped.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back