common tree snake... feeding?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
any chance of the enclosue pics gillsy (not feeding) im intrested in how its set up.

thanks l r s

Not at the momeny luke its nothing impressive.5 2x2x18" inclosures made into one.

I just knocked the shelf between two enclosures out, to make a higher one.

I just have a plastic fish tank in the bottom.

Common/Green Tree Snake Diet

Personally, I have been feeding my GTS Geckos, the little whit imported buggers (from sth America here in Brisbane?) I used to kill scores of them at my house, until I got a GTS. Now I just chuck em into the snake enclosure, and within a day it is devoured. I got to see it on the weekend, quite cool to watch. In fact, more geckos appear at my house than my snake can eat, (it is only 60 cms long right now).

Mine seems very tame, only looking like stricking when I rip into its cage for hug time, and even here it has only happened a few times. I take it slow so as not to stir it up.

I even have a container of a few geckos, feed them insects, moths etc. I have a whole little ecosystem for my GTS.
I find it amusing that this GTS of mine basically, has a human working for it in collecting food. Who rules what I say.

Geckos, they luv them. Good sport too.

i believe the main provider of gts to melbourne pet stores is doing time, i think he got a little greedy..... anyone else got a permit to get wc gts in qld

lol wouldnt that have been in the paper??...........................Gillsy any chance of seein pics of your gts?

trust me mate , you wouldnt believe half the crap in the herp world that doesnt make the papers. hahahahaha

i believe the main provider of gts to melbourne pet stores is doing time, i think he got a little greedy..... anyone else got a permit to get wc gts in qld

Mate, you would have to move mountains before the EPA in Qld would allow you to take wild caught herps of any sort.

ok i guess i know now what hes doing time for, atm we are getting no gts and legless lizards down in melbourne.

i us to have a green tree snake and it would not eat we had to fource feed it but one day we gave it a live fish and it eat it so we feed it so i wold try it on fish

Gurushane

I raised a straight-out of-the-egg hatchie Slaty-grey snake by putting live Gambusia in its water bowl. It soon lernt to catch them! {Guppys would work just as well I think!} After that it was no effort to get it to take 'fish scented' pinky mice etc.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back