Common Tree Snake hatching (with photo)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dottyback

Reaction score
This will be an interesting baby as the mother is Golden whilst 2 males were rotated, one being a blue and the other a black..

Will update with photo's..

trwesnakehatching.jpg

well done mate. be sure to post more pics

Well done, that's awesome. Cant wait to see some pics once hatched.
How long was incubation and what temp?

cheers

82 days, They were incubated on the shelf over water, temps varied from 24.2-,30.8 was the very highest.

Blue+Yellow = Green..?

treesnakehatching5.jpg

treesnakehatching.jpg

Once again, you beat me to the punch! Congratulations mate! Hopefully I'll be posting similar photos in a month.

How sure are you that a male golden never had access to the female?

Nic, The Golden female has been in captivity for over 12 months with no access at all to any Golden Males, only a Blue and Black make, the only
Variable is that it retained viable sperm for over 12 months.

Zeke, I will start feeding it neon tetras.

In that case, it's my first confirmed instance (amongst all the anecdotes) of a Northern CTS [golden] successfully mating with an Eastern CTS [green, blue, black].

Of course I'm still a relative novice, so if anyone else has done it, please let me know ...

They're rear fanged so you would have to force your finger down it's throat to be envenomated!

---------- Post added 06-Jan-11 at 11:27 PM ----------

The herpetologist who described the oenpelli python, Graham Gow, sadly deceased, told me he found a variety of this snake on an island off the NT coast which not only had the blue skin between the scales but was actually royal blue in scale colour. Sounded speccy and believeable to me because I lived on Cobourg Penisular (NW Arnhem) for a couple of years and saw several that were much darker/bluer than the usual daffodil yellow form we get here.

I relocated many from a resort there and was never bitten, but struck many times with a closed mouth. Wonderful mob!

Is there a picture of your blue/black and where did it originate?

I hate the way Common tree snakes fall under the 'venomous' category; a new terminology has to be made up for them as a baby blue tongue is far more dangerous!

Male blue from SE Queensland
Male black from Townsville.

yb1.jpg

bluey3.jpg

good to see someone doing something different. well done dottyback. I hope you go out of your way to celebrate your results. ren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back