conditioning dogs not to attack snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
seems like a good idea but I could never put my dog through something like that but I guess it might be different if snakes were a problem in your area

my dog which is a fox terrier grew up with snakes and will happily walk around with a snake sitting on him.

ackie said:
my dog which is a fox terrier grew up with snakes and will happily walk around with a snake sitting on him.

ummmmm.....why on earth would you want to put a snake on your dogs back, while your dog might not mind, don't think the snake would be too impressed. Don't think one of my olives would think twice about trying to take a bite out of one of my jack russells.
Kinda like watching a monkey ride around on a horses back at the circus, some might get a laugh out of it but the majority just think it is cruel.
to each his own though i suppose....

Id like to condition my dog not to kill bluetounges! poor buggers are just too slow to escape and heidi got 2 last year about this time. havent seen any this year so far[sad] they were coming from next doors garden/under their house but new people have moved in and i think maybe they use snailbait. bloody shame. i have resued a hellof alot to nearby bushland over the 7 yrs here. this is the first year they havent been around. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back