Confusion on scientific name :S

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rochelle11

Reaction score
Ok, So I got a new Banded pygmy python today and on the movement advice/export licence it has 2 different scientific names :S

So i'm interested to know what everyone thinks the real scientific name is?

Ok, So I got a new Banded pygmy python today and on the movement advice/export licence it has 2 different scientific names :S

So i'm interested to know what everyone thinks the real scientific name is?

Antaresia stimsoni

Thats what I thought but the export licence says Liasis Stimsoni is that the same thing?

yeah also what I was thinking and the internet was being unhelpful so what do I do now? my export licence is wrong?

No it just means whoever wrote the export licence is old school, thats what they use to be called.

old skools needs to catch up with the new rules..
misinformation on licencing can cost people hours and time off work fixing this depending on which state
lets be honest parks and wildlife work 0800 to 1621

Last edited:
No, it means you got it from NSW and Stimmies are listed as Liasis in the online record book. I have no idea why.

They used to be under Liasis... Australian Snakes: A natural history by Rick Shine has them as Liasis...

Ok thanks everyone! also does anyone know (and don't hate me because I know its all how much you feed them ect ect) approximately the size of a pygmy banded python at 2.5 months of age assuming its eaten once a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back