Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you like the look of and can afford too house,

Make sure you dont just get a smaller snake for example, because you think it'll be easier to get used too vs getting the snake you really want...'cause you'll get bored with it haha

Goodluck,
My personal favourites are diamonds, both black and white as well as high yellow are stunning in my eyes.

As long as it's eating properly when you get it (as with any snake) it'll be no harder than any other :)

Will probably jus get a Stimpson's to begin with. See how I go and then progress to the one I want most - The Jungle Jag. I love GTP's also, but very expensive

I really don't want one that will be very nippy and I have heard that Jags are very nippy - more so than others

Last edited:
Wouldn't bother listening when people say certain types are nippy...
Each individual is different, and you can ask breeders about more docile animals.

My first snake was a jungle, and like plenty of hatchies despite type, he was frightened and a bit nippy, then he got a tiny bit of size and was great.

I'd just get what you want, otherwise you'll be stuck with a snake one day you're over...and like I said, subspecies/species doesn't really matter in nippy-ness...it will be, or it won't be regardless lol

Wouldn't bother listening when people say certain types are nippy...
Each individual is different, and you can ask breeders about more docile animals.

My first snake was a jungle, and like plenty of hatchies despite type, he was frightened and a bit nippy, then he got a tiny bit of size and was great.

I'd just get what you want, otherwise you'll be stuck with a snake one day you're over...and like I said, subspecies/species doesn't really matter in nippy-ness...it will be, or it won't be regardless lol

+1 although everyone here will say otherwise but I'm a prime example a Gtp was my first snake but a had lizards with similar living conditions for years before that:)

Cheers Brenton

I would suggest any member of the antaresa family, spotted or stimpsons are great starters. I started with a spotted, she is the most placid snake i've ever seen and handled, most of the childrens pythons ive seen have been a little nippy but then it depends on the snake how much contact it has had with humans as to how defencive it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back