Converting old corner TV cabinet to snake enclosure

Discussion in 'DIY Zone' started by Krotz, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Krotz

Krotz New Member

I have a corner TV cabinet I am hoping to convert to an enclosure for my snake.

If anyone has done a similar conversion, I would be VERY interested in pictures to help inspire me. Advice and suggestions also welcome. Thanks!

upload_2017-12-22_10-39-26.png

2. Aussiepride83

Aussiepride83 Well-Known Member

Snapped and richyboa72 like this.
  3. Snapped

Snapped Subscriber Subscriber

Nice cabinet, so many ways you could do it. Looks like it would be an easy enough job, have a scroll through this forum, plenty of conversions to check out.

Krotz and Bl69aze like this.
  4. Bl69aze

Bl69aze Well-Known Member

What I would do is make a glass swinging door if possible (or sliding if there’s enough space) and knock one of the top shelves out, this could give you a nice basking spot with a good heat gradient.

Plenty of room for good decoration like branches and vines etc

I’d use the bottom part as a storage unit or if you wanted to make that his hide you could border the outside up etc

Krotz likes this.
  5. Krotz

Krotz New Member

Definitely will be knocking out one of the shelves, and may use that top shelf for lighting, controls, etc. (will add adequate ventilation).

Like the idea of the glass .... I've been trying to think of a good design, and have several ideas. A new thing I am considering is splitting the whole thing in half (build a wall in the middle) and make it an enclosure for two ball pythons (separately, of course). The space is probably too big for a single BP.

Thanks for your response and ideas!
    --- Automatic Post Merged, Dec 24, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 24, 2017 ---
    Thanks. It gave me several ideas :)