Corn snakes and Chameleons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bump73

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hypothetically, If you could buy a corn snake or a chameleon, illeagally of course, would you do it???
Keeping in mind that if you got busted you would lose all your animals.....

Last edited:
Nah.... chameleons are kinda cool, but I'm happy to see one in a zoo or whatever :lol:

Well....It's more that i know they're out there than i've been offered one:)

I thought you could only have a special license if you were a zoo???

So she must have loads of animals then????

How did she get it??

Considering you cant keep a gecko in its enclosure, i cant really say my true thoughts.

Considering you cant keep a gecko in its enclosure, i cant really say my true thoughts.
:lol::lol:

Mate that is a very good call i'm hoping i've learnt my lesson with that sneaky lil gecko:lol:

But you have'nt even answered the question, easy to take a dig...but not so easy to answer the question???? (can't say my true thoughts:))

Last edited:
I'd ask for pictures of both parents, then ask if they'd knock a bit off the price, then finally tell them I got it chieper elsewhere :)

They are both as common as #### and easy to get, with that in mind, and seeing as I have never owned any, I'd say I wouldn't. After a couple of months, it would be just like any other herp you keep, just it could turn your name into mud.

Don't you think if you could just go out and get a private zoo licence (without a zoo), every man and his dog in Victoria would have all sorts of exotics. Surely it's not that simple..? :rolleyes:

Not worth the risk. I love my animals and my licence too much to lose them. Plus I couldn't afford the fines that go along with it. Now if we could get a private zoo licence here in NSW.. I'd say for sure.

Hypothetically, If you could buy a corn snake or a chameleon, illeagally of course, would you do it???
Keeping in mind that if you got busted you would lose all your animals.....

Personally i would take them without paying, humanely kill them, chuck them in a mincer, freeze them and feed them to my animals.

Having kept chameleons I can say they are THE most awesome lizards, generally completely inoffensive and the most stunning colours imaginable.
Cornsnakes are easily the best starter snake you can get, it's a shame both aren't legally available really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back