Corn snakes and Chameleons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, couldn't agree more. I get accused of ecoterrorism for saying the cornsnake is quite probably the best starter snake you can get. LOL.

Well i think you are as well !! I saw you last wednesday out shopping with youre mate Osama Bin Laden !!! Oh and you look really silly wearing that turban !!

Forgot to mention......For anyone that doesnt know, (because i cant update my profile & the mods never any questions)........... I'm (unfortunately <--- personal opinion) in the UK at the moment, which is why i can have chameleons.

Last edited:
personally id just take them feed them to my monitor and report the scum selling them:lol:

Only chameleon I would have here is my Clive (picture in my avatar) but he still happily lives in the US with a friend until I can return there and reclaim him. I think corns are gorgeous! In answer to the question though, no I wouldnt risk my licence to keep something illegal here.

Cheers

Yep, couldn't agree more. I get accused of ecoterrorism for saying the cornsnake is quite probably the best starter snake you can get. LOL.

All the while it's getting typed on a computer that uses energy ;)

i wouldnt get any exotics because if every ones got them
then eventually there goanna get out
and they say goodbye to our natives

i wouldnt get any exotics because if every ones got them
then eventually there goanna get out
and they say goodbye to our natives

Im likin this lad.
Im not going to get into the ecoterrorist side of things, but its interesting seeing peoples reasons for why they wouldn't own exotics. I realise its not everyone, But Im suprised at the amount of times 'i wouldnt do it cause I'd lose my lisence' comes up......I'd think that more people would be a bit concerned about australia turning into the florida everglades than whether or not they get to keep their pets :?
Personally I've never been overly worried about lisences/permits/permission (and yes I've got my herp liscence, lol), I always thought that peoples morals tended to be the guiding force in decisions, but now Im starting to change my mind. :| (and for the record Im a complete athiest so 'morals' and 'fear of going to hell' are 2 completely different things, but please don't hijack this and turn it into a religion thread :lol:)

Just my thoughts, anyway.

Actually someone has a Wanted to Buy ad on Petlink for a Chameleons so maybe someone here could help him out :rolleyes:

No , I wouldn't go there.
I like Corns but it's just not worth risking the right to keep all the great aussie reps.
The eco thing's a factor too , although I'd rather have a load of Corns around than Cane Toads.

Im likin this lad.
Im not going to get into the ecoterrorist side of things, but its interesting seeing peoples reasons for why they wouldn't own exotics. I realise its not everyone, But Im suprised at the amount of times 'i wouldnt do it cause I'd lose my lisence' comes up......I'd think that more people would be a bit concerned about australia turning into the florida everglades than whether or not they get to keep their pets :?
Personally I've never been overly worried about lisences/permits/permission (and yes I've got my herp liscence, lol), I always thought that peoples morals tended to be the guiding force in decisions, but now Im starting to change my mind. :| (and for the record Im a complete athiest so 'morals' and 'fear of going to hell' are 2 completely different things, but please don't hijack this and turn it into a religion thread :lol:)

Just my thoughts, anyway.

Well said, i must admit though i dont even really know what an ecoterrorist is, i just thought it sounded good at the time :lol:

I know MM just being sarcastic ;)

I agree with what has been said regarding not owning exotics, if they get out it could potentionally be disastrous for the country (but it's ok for cats, goats, horses, fish, birds and many plants etc :rolleyes:)

But to call another human an ecoterrorist is a hit hypocritical imo, even though it appears it's just a joke now ;)

Moreliaman, Clive is a young (well, was at the time of the pic) male veiled cham. He is now an older male veiled with a fairly aggressive attitude towards men Ive been told :) The family that has him says any woman can pick him up, any male will get attacked, lol.

Cheers

Yes we had a male iguana that was a bit like that with men and was a little flighty with women at certain periods :)
Veiled is another name for the Yemen Chameleon, a beautiful animal and I bet it was hard to leave him ?

Hmm i have seen countless illegal herps in private aussie collections (boa's, Chams, Vipers, Cobras etc etc etc the best of which i thought was a albino red tailed boa) and could get my hands on them pretty easily if my heart desired so. However i think aussie herps are just as good as any other and im happy with my two bredli for the moment. So in answer to your original question, no i dont think id take them illegaly, conversly i guess id try keep a cham if it were legal.

Really Dodie ???? i never would have guessed !! lmao;)

Dragoness, keeping Chameleons will be one of the things i'll miss the most if i ever eventually get my butt to aus, When i had the pet shop i used to have a large male yemen that wondered over a large potted ficus all day, most customers never even knew he was there & he had the same male hate attitude as yours, i think its a common thing for males to somehow not like other males, even when its a different species....seems to happen with herps, birds & mammals, works the other way too, theres a large female scarlet macaw at my mates pet shop.....she loves me, but any female that comes near her chances being bitten ! and you dont want to be bitten by a macaw !!
speechless-smiley-040.gif

Here a pic of the little baby male & female i have here, should bring back memories for you ;)

1st pic/ female 2nd pic/male

Attachments

• femaleyem.jpg
    femaleyem.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 72
  • maleyem.jpg
    maleyem.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Thanks for that Boa, Ive never heard them called that before! It was super hard to leave him, I was in tears!!
MM, they are so amazingly cute. Hard to believe they can be so little. Clive came with us when we drove across canada (he was just a wee baby then) and every morning Id be searching his cage for 10 minutes trying to find him, they are amazingly good at disguising themselves!!
This is my fav photo of him the day we got him
BabyClive_int.jpg

This is one of the pics that hangs on our wall, titles 'jailbird clive'
Cliveinhiscageint.jpg

I just love thier little feet.

Sorry guys, a little off track.... :)

Cheers

euethanaze the exotics,they have no place here in the care of the dodgy dropkicks who keep them
especialy cornsnakes there gay

Beautiful chameleon Dragoness, I know only too well how hard it is to leave animals behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back