Council just came to take my dog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like grimbeny said, it seems you are in denial and you did blame the fence + come up with a diff. reason why it happened or try to make justified explanations.. like trainer advice to topic change on BSL.
It was a passing comment in debate they Banned breed in Singapore. (forget that). The fact is, you have a hunter breed of dog, Are you in denial of this? simple yes or no.
Also, if a child gets hurt, you cannot blame the fence. Id get out of it a warning, wouldn't you? Of something that could possibly be far worse where this dog would snap?

You somehow seem not responsible or acknowledge this could possibly happen again, which is scary I think.

Gee... talk about the Inquisition! Judge and jury wrapped up in one package. I have a Staffy, an enormously strong and energetic dog, who is simply the most affectionate, delightful animal I've had in 40-0dd years of dog ownership, and completely unterritorial. I also have two JRs, which are what JRs are - hunting dogs. They are on the go all day in the garden from dawn to dusk. My vet of many years experience has told me more than once that if he's going to get bitten, it will be by the smaller terriers nine out of ten times - the bigger dogs with supposedly aggressive tendencies don't feature in his list of dangerous breeds.

A great number of the stories we read about and see on TV regarding dog attacks feature the Staffy/Pit Bull breeds because the press loves them to be involved in all high profile dog attacks. I remember when a diver named Bob Bartle was killed by a shark in WA decades ago (1967). I was working at the WA Museum at the time, and despite the fact that his wetsuit was retrieved, and a couple of shark teeth were found in his remains, the press to this day maintains he was taken by a Great White Shark... despite the fact that damage to the wetsuit and the teeth the shark left behind indicated it was a large Tiger Shark. Never let the truth get in the way of the natural bias of the press.

It's the same with dogs...

Sorry KJ, a bit off-topic, but I get sick of these pontificating ****ers who really need to get lives of their own.

Jamie

as for the media thing, I don't think my neighbour would be into that, not sure I am either

Best to stay as far away from the media as possible. They could be on your side initially, but they'll turn on you in a heartbeat if they think it'll increase their ratings.

when i had my siberian husky we put cyclone wire on the inside of our fence [ as its a old woodern fence] so she could never ever get through and do any damage to the dogs next door ..... whats my point -- have u fixed the fence so it can NEVER happen again ?

That's not a point, that's a question.

I feel for you and your loss :( the whole dangerous dogs thing is really going to get out of hand and leave many loving responsible dog owners with only option a) to choose from, it sux really.....

Went to visit Kaeleb in lock-up today. He was very calm and well behaved, gave him a pat and he gave me some kisses through the bars (they wouldn't let me in with him). He seemed really surprised to see me at first which I guess is normal under the circumstances. Anyways, here is a picture:

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 114
Oh my goodness, so adorable! I love bully breeds, just a beautifully put together type of dog (alright, lets exclude the english bulldog...)

YAY!

Oh my goodness, so adorable! I love bully breeds, just a beautifully put together type of dog (alright, lets exclude the english bulldog...)

YAY!

Oh come on u big meanie, their rolls are so cute! :lol:

KJ.....i wont say much, except im happy for you & your boy that you will be reunited! As for the people that have given you their opinions on what could happen next........well i havent read through every comment, but the ones i have read, i will say i dont exactly disagree with all that they have said. Now please dont think im attacking you or your dog, at all, cause im not! But, i wanted to say that i do believe that sometimes after a dog has been involved in a fight with another dog, something can 'change' inside them. As a child we had dobermans, they were the most beautiful, loyal, loving dogs, until one day the neighbours poodle got through the fence & our dogs 'played too rough' & killed it. 2 days later, our male bit my dad while he was putting their bowls down for dinner, a week later our girl bit me on the side of the head when i was walking out the door........these dogs had never shown any kind of aggression before the 'fight'.......i believe things can change, i seen it myself. Also, unfortunatley my brother is going through a similar thing now, my neice was attacked by a cattle dog, usually a very placid laid back dog, she has played with this dog for 4yrs now, & there has never been a problem. Just over a week before he mauled my neice though, he was also involved in a dog fight, it was a 'through the fence' fight, no dog was injured, however something changed in this dogs mind.......it can & does happen! Im not saying at all that your dog will do the same, he may very well be the same natured dog he was before this, & im sure that after what you have both been through, you will be watching him close, but i thought i would just put it out there that yes, in some cases after a dog fight, a normally good, well behaved, non agressive dog, can become one that isnt so trustworthy. Again, please dont think im attacking you, i REALLY am thankful u are getting your boy back, & i hope you never have to go through anything like this again.

Oh come on u big meanie, their rolls are so cute! :lol:

KJ.....i wont say much, except im happy for you & your boy that you will be reunited! As for the people that have given you their opinions on what could happen next........well i havent read through every comment, but the ones i have read, i will say i dont exactly disagree with all that they have said. Now please dont think im attacking you or your dog, at all, cause im not! But, i wanted to say that i do believe that sometimes after a dog has been involved in a fight with another dog, something can 'change' inside them. As a child we had dobermans, they were the most beautiful, loyal, loving dogs, until one day the neighbours poodle got through the fence & our dogs 'played too rough' & killed it. 2 days later, our male bit my dad while he was putting their bowls down for dinner, a week later our girl bit me on the side of the head when i was walking out the door........these dogs had never shown any kind of aggression before the 'fight'.......i believe things can change, i seen it myself. Also, unfortunatley my brother is going through a similar thing now, my neice was attacked by a cattle dog, usually a very placid laid back dog, she has played with this dog for 4yrs now, & there has never been a problem. Just over a week before he mauled my neice though, he was also involved in a dog fight, it was a 'through the fence' fight, no dog was injured, however something changed in this dogs mind.......it can & does happen! Im not saying at all that your dog will do the same, he may very well be the same natured dog he was before this, & im sure that after what you have both been through, you will be watching him close, but i thought i would just put it out there that yes, in some cases after a dog fight, a normally good, well behaved, non agressive dog, can become one that isnt so trustworthy. Again, please dont think im attacking you, i REALLY am thankful u are getting your boy back, & i hope you never have to go through anything like this again.

Thanks Bel, I do understand what your saying and I will keep an eye on him. The thing the other comments said I didn't agree with was that it is a given. I do think the fact that he has not shown any signs of aggression with total strangers at the pound is a good sign though and he has been washed on the face by them since being there, most dogs are not too fond of that. My ex had a dog that was extremely dog aggressive and had killed a few cats in his own yard but was always a total softy with people. I definitely will take it on board though. I just spoke to the pound and it is confirmed, he is coming home at 3.30.

Im glad u were able to see i wasnt attacking u or your boy! & i agree with what u said above, it ISNT a given, it is a possibilty. Im glad he will be home with u soon. All the best!

Instinct can take over with all animals. I've heard mother cats can be playing with their kittens when the kitten does something that sets the mum on prey mode and next thing you know she killed her own kitten. It doesn't mean that she is aggressive or anything but people do need to realise that animals are in fact ANIMALS. just take precautions. Id be more worried about the humans in this world then a few dogs!

good to hear you are getting your dog back

Seriously....this is bad ownership i feel no sympathy for you anymore, that's just ridiculous!

Through the first 8 pages i really did feel sorry for you but after i read that it's had 3 attacks, that's ridiculous! How does that happen, sorry if it seems like i'm attacking you but i've personally been attacked on 2 different occasions from dogs not being kept under control due to poor ownership and it would break me in half if someones dog killed mine because of slack ownership!

Last edited:
I'm sorry where do you get three attacks from? He's coming home after 3pm not after 3 attacks?

And congrats Kaotik I'm glad to hear he's coming home safe, he's so beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back