Council just came to take my dog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad your dog's home. His unhappy experience opened a can of worms, didn't it? What a bunch of opinionated people-I love it!!!!Great to read what everyone thinks. Enjoy your friend, all the best.:D

hey KJ! Hope all goes well today!! :)

Ajandj, while it was unfortunate what happened to you in your case, every dog is different. Not long after we bought our Aussie bulldog home he attacked our Jack Russell, they were both full males and battled it out one day when we werent home. Our poor little fella nearly died, it turned out that he had only been bitten once but as Blocka weighed 40kgs it was enough to do serious damage. we got him fixed up and desexed to try and calm the situation.
we ended up rehoming him because even after he was desexed he still thought he was the big man around the house and continued to stir up Blocka trying to start fights. Blocka never went near him again.
Now blocka is my 2 year olds best mate. He has never in the 5 years we have had him even so much as growled at us or Matilda and now we have a kitten that runs around the back yard with him and his mate, LuLu.
For all we know KJ's dog may have just given a warning bite and due to his size it was just to much. It doesnt mean that he is a dangerous dog, it just means he has stuffed up ONCE.

You "rehomed" (ie. got rid of) your old dog to make room for the new.... I think that's the saddest story I've read in this whole thread!!!!

Seriously....this is bad ownership i feel no sympathy for you anymore, that's just ridiculous!

Through the first 8 pages i really did feel sorry for you but after i read that it's had 3 attacks, that's ridiculous! How does that happen, sorry if it seems like i'm attacking you but i've personally been attacked on 2 different occasions from dogs not being kept under control due to poor ownership and it would break me in half if someones dog killed mine because of slack ownership!

It pays to read an entire thread's contents properly before offering such a strong opinion, doesn't it.
I'm glad to see things turned out for you K.

Thanks marcmarc, I've started some retraining ahead of the behaviourist coming and he is so much easier to work with now. Things that took him ages to learn and obey before he does in a snap. He is so calm and willing to do what I want so maybe the week away did him some good. On the downside, I think he has picked up kennel cough and he is riddled with fleas and the recurring ear mites I thought he had is a yeast allergy/infection. So slight change of diet (pretty much confirmed my suspicion that he was allergic to corn), lots of nice healthy immune boosting food and warm olive oil and lemon ear drops and some recuperation and he'll be back to normal in no time.

that has 2 be the best news been following the fred for awial i have asberguse sorry 4 the spelling tho im interested 2 know where u stand n wat u think about the bsl and if you are for it id like to know why

Ah damned fleas... our dogs rarely leave our 100 acres (vets & occasional outings) but fleas are often a consequence of going where other dogs are. Great to hear that things are smoothing out for you KJ :)

What's BSL?

Jamie

Ah damned fleas... our dogs rarely leave our 100 acres (vets & occasional outings) but fleas are often a consequence of going where other dogs are. Great to hear that things are smoothing out for you KJ :)

What's BSL?

Jamie

Thanks Jamie, just bought the fence stuff so that is next on the list. BSL is Breed Specific Legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back