Couple new enclosures iv built up over the holidays

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illium

Reaction score
Took an extra 2 weeks of long service leave to work on my 4wd, as it turned out the wife had to go back to work early so iv had the kids too, all I could do was work on tanks. So I did some renovating and prep work.

Leaf tails:

Moved the Gillens to a new enclosure, this has been scaped for an Ackie now. I'm yet to purchase or find Ackie or 2 I'm after yet.

New setup awaiting a pair of Hosmer skinks when I find them.

Again, new setup awaiting either a pair of Amyae or Asper.

Generic tank, not sure what will go in here yet, if I could find a Primordius or two it would be most happy.

That's it for the moment, still working on a frog tank and playing with the Gillens setup.

could you please put up a photo of your gillens please, im interested in seeing people set ups for them

cheers

No worries, Gillens tank below.
This is 120cm x 60cm x 90
1 100w halogen lamps with the real concentrated point of light and 1 125 sunglow.
There is a breading box hidden in there.

The log on the right is totally hollow so they hang out in there a lot and seem to be active in the morning and afternoon with a good sleep break during the day.

4 in total, 3 females and 1 male. The rest are hiding in the log for a sleep in the pic.

They were running around like spastics earlier, when I reached in to check the breeding box one sitting on the top log stick its head in my ear.

so have you had any luck with breeding them? how long have you had them for?

First year of breeding. currently have 9 eggs in the incubator.
2 should be hatching next week, I can actually see them move inside the egg and make out head from tail when candling.

I suspect I'll have another couple batches of eggs before end of season, I think the other 2 females are still gravid.

Thats great!! they seem to be pretty rare on this site and other sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back