COVID-19 virus

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nuttylizardguy, Mar 12, 2020.

?
  1. I have it.

2.6%
  2. Very scared.

2.6%
  3. Somewhat scared.

2.6%
  4. Quite worried ( trying to distance , avoiding crowds , and adding some stuff to pantry JIC )

30.8%
  5. Not concerned but watching local developments .

35.9%
  6. Over stated by media scaremungering , business as usual for me.

33.3%
  7. What is it.

2.6%
  8. I'm in quaranteen and think I might be infected.

2.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nuttylizardguy

nuttylizardguy Well-Known Member

Never understood the attraction of a bunch of blokes chasing balls and feeling each up. Seems all very kamp to me (irrespective of the code). Only thing soccer has going for it imo is it's fast paced and the foot and head skills of the players is very impressive , but I don't think I've ever sat through an entire game ( gets boring very fast ).

Give me nice comfy rock or camp chair and fishing rod any day , it's more interesting than watching "football" or any other ball game.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

A lot a air ambulance helicopters flying overhead here last night taking patients to the John Hunter , counted at least a dozen overnight before I went to bed .
    Never have more than one or two go overhead here, very unusual activity.

I hope doesn't mean the big hospitals in Sydney's ICUs are getting close to capacity already and less critical IC patients were being transferred to the JHH's and Mater's ICUs. That would be a very bad sign.

I called one my neighbours who's a snr nurse at the JHH to ask her what the go was and she told they were under instructions not to tell other than there was a big flap going on .

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. GBWhite

GBWhite Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Hi Kenny, I've played them all, AFL, Rugby Union, Soccer and Rugby League and was pretty good at all of them. Mate I can tell you first hand that although there is no doubt that all codes require an immense level of skill and fitness to play (especially at an elite level) AFL and Soccer have nothing on the the level of both physical and mental fitness required to play Rugby League or Rugby Union. As a young bloke in the 70's I had the opportunity to play League for St George, Balmain and Canterbury Bankstown along with the offer of scholarships to attend Sydney Uni, NSW Uni or New England Uni but as it turned out I dropped out of mainstream society to pursue an alternate, hippy, surfing lifestyle and in all honesty despite the opportunity to play at the elite level and my love for playing league I don't regret it. As it turned out, despite adopting an alternative lifestyle and because of my love of the game I ended up playing First Grade Rugby League in our local Group 2 comp on the NSW Mid North Coast for a couple of seasons. I think you'll find all elite team sports require a fast alert mind but to play league or union, you not only need a fast alert mind but as well as being super fit (unlike AFL or Soccer) also have to be very, very tough.

My youngest boy (you met him) is an exceptional league player as well. He started playing at the elite group level for players from 12 years old and last year (2019) was selected into the Canterbury Bulldogs North Coast Laurie Daley Under 18's Representative Squad and also played 1st Grade with our local Bellingen Club while only 17yrs 9 months and 72kg and received the "Rooky of the Year Award". The year before he played Under 18's and also Reserve Grade (at 16 years & 9 months and only 65kg) and as a result received the "Best Local Product Award". Last year he was sponsored by the Coffs Harbour/Clarence Police Command to spend a week at Penrith Panthers and then sent off his resume and a highlights video to a couple of NRL Feeder Club. After fielding offers and advice he settled on Tweed Heads Seagulls who feed the Qld Broncos and Gold Coast Titans. He is under contract with the Seagulls elite Hastings Deering Colts Under 20 Squad which is only 3 levels below the NRL. He also has the option to play for Tweed in Qld's Intrust Super Cup (NRL reserve Grade) if the opportunity arises. I can assure you that the players are far from unfit, overweight body builders as you believe. The level of physical training they endure (even as an under 18 player) is incredibly intense. They are provided with very healthy diets and weight training programs dependent upon the positions they play. I'm Senior Vice President of our local seniors club and even at this level they train and play hard.

I've been to a few AFL games and believe that because it moves all over the field it is far better suited to a live crowd rather than TV and that's why they get the numbers of supporters at games. NRL is suited to TV and as such is conducive to a much, much larger audience world wide who are content to sit at home and watch the games. I think you'll find all codes of football will suffer as a result of what's happening in the world today but will come out of it ok at the other end.

89927156_10216182545811485_6789360507674427392_o (1).jpg 55546951_10213737252800688_1453283282174083072_o (1).jpg 55604813_10213737253800713_1152165345549615104_o (1).jpg

All the best mate.

3. nuttylizardguy

Could do with on the TV .

4. GBWhite

GBWhite Well-Known Member

Yeah thanks all the same but you seem to have an annoying habit of telling people what they should and shouldn't do and I don't need your input. I'm pretty sure anyone with half a brain can decipher what I meant.

5. Flaviemys purvisi

Flaviemys purvisi Very Well-Known Member

Hehe... AFL... It's one small change away from becoming male cheerleading with the way they prance around... all they have to do is remove the ball from the field and replace it with 2 battons... add a few pompoms and it's a cheerleading battle. I'd rather watch paint dry.

6. dragonlover1

dragonlover1 Subscriber Subscriber

Funny thing is Coles have stopped delivering, their online trucks are parked around the back of the shops while Woolies are still going

7. Flaviemys purvisi

After my wife and I simultaneously hit 11 stores between 7:30am and 9am with no luck on Saturday looking for toilet paper and another 2 on Sunday morning with no luck... things were getting desperate... on my way home from work today I hit 4 stores and still nothing... I got home, pulled in the driveway and a thought hit me... drove straight back out and went somewhere no one else would consider looking and I hit pay dirt. Called the wife at work who was due to finish in 15 mins and told her to go there soon as she finishes and she did and we doubled up. Should be good for 2 months now, one less thing to worry about!
    20200324_182336.jpg
    Never living in Australia would I ever have thought running out of toilet paper was even a thing that could happen. Yet... here we are. Lol

Josiah Rossic and dragonlover1 like this.
  8. dragonlover1

What, no-one thought of Coles? or was it the Coles express? I guess no-one goes there because they are thieves when it comes to fuel prices
    Down here people have done the garage thing too. I deliver all sorts of things in my day but some people have imported it from SA or some private individuals. Check out your $2 shop or the local asian supermarket

9. Flaviemys purvisi

Shell servo mate, Coles Express... packs of 20 for $10... 3 pallets piled to the bloody ceiling yet the shelves of every Coles store in the vicinity are completely bare.

10. nuttylizardguy

Clearly Coles are not doing what a large number of their customers needs of them , they still haven't rolled out a priority online ordering for home delivery system for those who are self isolating or actually under quarantine , unlike Woolworths who had their system started accepting applications within a day of the government requiring self distancing and fully running by Saturday.

Shame on Coles !
    Lost us as life long customers.
    --- Automatic Post Merged, Mar 24, 2020, Original Post Date: Mar 24, 2020 ---
    Hording I see.

Woolworths now has toilet paper and paper towels , and flour back in stock as of today in my area ( but not at all shops , ie Charlestown and Belmont , but still not at Mt Hutton , but strict quotas per person.

11. Flaviemys purvisi

Haven't shopped at woolies in over 5 years... until then I only ever shopped at woolies and got fuel at BP but their fresh produce went to s**t and their rewards system is a joke compared to Coles' flybys. So for half a decade now I've been a loyal Coles & Shell customer. Ps I live with my wife and 2 pre-teen daughters who are going to be home all day every day any day now as soon as the schools are closed and they go through toilet paper a lot quicker than a bloke who lives on his own. I'm hardly a hoarder... I shop week to week. I'm not trying to sell this on eBay for a profit.

12. Bl69aze

Bl69aze Very Well-Known Member

We had the local looney at the shopping centre yesterday spouting his love of god and how god is punishing us for not believing and committing sins and we are all going to die

13. Sdaji

Sdaji APS Veteran APS Veteran

I'm surprised there's not more of that going around.

14. nuttylizardguy

I have one of those living next door who's A Born Again ,alcoholic druggy/dope smoker loony schitzo and constantly rants and raves , even runs about outside in nuddy, and spends every waking moment drunk, stoned, high, and playing zoomzooms on his game system and plays VERY loud music.
    ( He's not a child or millennial , he's a man in this mid 50s .)
    Needless to say we have the cops visiting him almost on a daily basis to tell him to turn the volume down and often to take him away.

I reckon a lot more of these loonies will be coming out from under their rocks and will become pains in the ar$e for their neighbours ( lots of whom wll be self isolating , or unemployed and self isolating and unable to get away from hearing them ) and at the shopping centres .
    --- Automatic Post Merged, Mar 25, 2020, Original Post Date: Mar 25, 2020 ---

For those of us who are over 50 and looking at needing to renew our drivers' licenses soon , I've been in touch with NSW and FED member for my area , and asked about waivers on the requirement to visit RTA to wrt compulsory eye tests .
    In the current situation this will force self isolators who are vulnerable to be unnecessarily exposed to covid19 carriers or people , who are sick with covid19 and not self quarantining or contaminated surfaces at the RTA, and that's an unacceptable risk to our health and that of our partners.

This is the result
    [​IMG]

So if you are the appropriate age group , you should take advantage of this and email or phone your local RTA office and advise them you are self isolating .

I suggest if you are outside NSW, you do as I did.
    Protect yourself and your's from unnecessary covid19 exposure risks.
    --- Automatic Post Merged, Mar 25, 2020 ---
    I can imagine. I have neighbours and have sisters in law who have very big families and new babies and toddlers , and who are in a similar situation , those horders and blackmarketers made the situation really bad for them , was just a huge inconvenience and a shock for old couples like my wife and I .(We never ran out of tissues , paper towels and dunny paper , but when it disappeared off the shelves everywhere , it suddenly became a priority to get an extra pack of 6 or 10 rolls of dunny paper as we didn't know what the symptoms of covid19 were like , could have had a dramatic effect on GIT for all we knew and it's wise to err on the side of caution and have a buffer on hand JIC.)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  15. Nero Egernia

Nero Egernia Subscriber Subscriber

Warning - coarse language. May not be appropriate for children or those who take offence by it.

16. dragonlover1

An honest government ad ???? WTF is that ??? the gubberment has never been honest . I would trust the local car salesman before I would trust a boofocrat

17. Flaviemys purvisi

An oxymoron.

dragonlover1 likes this.
  18. nuttylizardguy

Still have covidiots denying this is dangerous , not self distancing and carrying on like nothing has changed.... dob these fools in.

And people who are suspected inflected or actually are and ordered to self quarantine are out and about , asking them turn on their mobile phones and keep them on is not good enough ( they can simply leave it behind and do as they please , or have someone hold it for them ) I think these people all need to be electronically tracked ( GPS tracking shackles as used track criminals are ideal for this ).

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  19. dragonlover1

plenty of oxygen thieves and morons in gubberment

20. nuttylizardguy

That hit the nail on the head …. LOL
    --- Automatic Post Merged, Mar 25, 2020, Original Post Date: Mar 25, 2020 ---
    How fair is it that everyone who gets laid off or stood down gets DOLE - Covid19 version (ie dole 2x) , while pensioners (Aged & DSP) , others on dole, get nothing other than a one off $750 payment ?

Surely pensioners (aged and disability) and those on the dole are in need of more financial help now because many/most are also needing to self isolate / stay home - so their ulilty bills will go up ( more electricity running lights , heating , they will need food and medicine and scripts home delivered ( extra cost every delivery ) , and will need to use more data to stay in touch and get necessities ordered and delivered ) , and prices are going up across the board while their dole or pension stays unchanged . Was bloody hard before covid-19, will be even harder to unemployed and pensioners to survive on the dole and pensions now .

NOT GOOD ENOUGH Mr Morrisson and darned disgraceful discriminatory.

Surely they are much more in need of help than people who were working until Stage 1 and then Stage 2 restrictions were brought into effect ?

.... so much for the ethic of everyone getting a fair go and fair treatment.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020