cranky snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bundy07

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys is it just the heat or is my snake becoming a grumpy one. Ive had him for bout 6 yrs and hes never bitten anybody,
well during xmas holidays my 3 yr old daughter decided she wanted to play with bundy and stuck her hand in the enclosure and
bundy got her, held on and constricted her hand, poor thing scared the hell out of her, anyway yesterday he went for me when
I changed his water bowl, so last night I gave him a mouse and instead of going the mouse he start striking at his reflection in the glass
could it be that Im not feeding him enough I only give him adult mice should I start feeding him rats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys is it just the heat or is my snake becoming a grumpy one. Ive had him for bout 6 yrs and hes never bitten anybody,
well during xmas holidays my 3 yr old daughter decided she wanted to play with bundy and stuck her hand in the enclosure and
bundy got her, held on and constricted her hand, poor thing scared the hell out of her, anyway yesterday he went for me when
I changed his water bowl, so last night I gave him a mouse and instead of going the mouse he start striking at his reflection in the glass
could it be that Im not feeding him enough I only give him adult mice should I start feeding him rats.
U haven't stated what species??... Hang on just looked and ya profile says Stimi lol...could be underfed so try giving it x2 mice... Tho if male it my start to get fruity for a girl... My male has already started getting grumpy and slowly going off food as he does every jan/ feb... He handles well but the devil come horny season!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The warmer than usual weather may be speeding up metabolism, I've been feeding slightly more regularly than usual as my snakes are all showing signs of being hungry earlier than usual. I'm not saying that's the issue with yours it's just something to think about.

it sounds like its HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bite n constrict!

and a mouse is a weeeeee bit small IMO

my stimmies were well over micey :)

hope this helps

feed the MAN (snake) MEAT

Yeh my bad I should have stated it was a stimson, yeh once I get him out he's fine he just seems a bit edgy of late.
Will try feeding him two or a big rat.

I feed my adult stimmie a medium rat once every 7 -10 days. If he is fine outta the cage he is prob just hungry or a little bit defensive.

I havnt given him a rat but I have given him a baby chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back