Croc found dead, mutilated in NT

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peoples gots to eat. And Princessparrot I would rather eat a croc or a fruit bat than a Kentucky fried chicken. When you are on country you eat what the "bush supermarket" provides or you go hungry. (and insult your hosts).

Peoples gots to eat. And Princessparrot I would rather eat a croc or a fruit bat than a Kentucky fried chicken. When you are on country you eat what the "bush supermarket" provides or you go hungry. (and insult your hosts).

Or you master the art of pretending to eat. I think the old Dundee quote was pretty true "You can live on it, but...". Out of all the stuff I have had to eat around the world, I think it was the "crocodile in some sort of slime" that was the most vile stuff I have ever tasted. Even with lots of beer I kept choking on that stuff. Fruit bat is ok if it is cooked to charcoal stage - still popular in places like Indo. These days I just nibble on the rice, sago or whatever and make that last as long as possible. So long as you look like you are eating it is normally ok and everyone is happy.

Yea I'm with ya, I've pretend eaten a bit of mud crab after seeing a maggot dropping out of it.

Later I discussed it with the family and saw the error of my ways.

Still dont eat maggoty mud crab no matter how hungry I am :)

I can always find a feed no matter what.

I do beleve it is not named maggot when it is in your food its bush rice and if its still moving its not cooked anofe

I do beleve it is not named maggot when it is in your food its bush rice and if its still moving its not cooked anofe

correct

like the "bush saltanas" in that desert country. (flies folks)

Last edited:
Or you master the art of pretending to eat. I think the old Dundee quote was pretty true "You can live on it, but...". Out of all the stuff I have had to eat around the world, I think it was the "crocodile in some sort of slime" that was the most vile stuff I have ever tasted. Even with lots of beer I kept choking on that stuff. Fruit bat is ok if it is cooked to charcoal stage - still popular in places like Indo. These days I just nibble on the rice, sago or whatever and make that last as long as possible. So long as you look like you are eating it is normally ok and everyone is happy.

I have eaten saltwater croc, straight out of the water. Beautiful seafoody taste, great texture. Eating an animal that has been fed chickens or has lived in a slime bowl will taste just like it's diet or surroundings

Last edited:

I'm pretty open minded but nothing could make me eat maggots.Id sooner scrape lichen off the rocks and eat that

I'm pretty open minded but nothing could make me eat maggots.Id sooner scrape lichen off the rocks and eat that

You Guys! Everyone knows you don't eat lichen....you use it as a dye for ceremony:)!!

whatever. i'm just against eating these things all together, especially kangaroos

i would rather starve then eat our wildlife

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately Gordo is horrified at the idea of eating fruit bats "disgusting!" ha ha

i find the idea of eating any of these sad and discusting:x

Whatever, I'm just against people who kill innocent plants for no reason at all.
Saying you would rather starve is absolutley ridiculous, starving to death is quite painful.
Kangaroo is an abundant and healthy food and tastes great!

Whatever, I'm just against people who kill innocent plants for no reason at all.
Saying you would rather starve is absolutley ridiculous, starving to death is quite painful.
Kangaroo is an abundant and healthy food and tastes great!

That one we can agree on, I wont fight you over the croc, but skippy is some of the best meat you can get.

Last edited:
People's aversion to eating anything but sheep, cows, chickens and pigs baffles me. It's all meat and an animal died to give it. If you want to be a vegetarian fine. Your choice.
If you lean towards the carnivorous......be carnivorous!!

Our nation would be a lot healthier if we ate more of our native animals as they are far better for you , and the natural environment , than the imported ones. That doesn't mean I think you should go out and BBQ a bilby but things like croc, roo and emu are better nutritional and environmental choices than beef, pork etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back