Croc found dead, mutilated in NT

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you got any of that infomation off the Australian Society of Kangaroos you may want to check the actual full facts rather than the ones they "selected" out of a scientific paper or was written by some non peer reviewed journal, or written by someone from a bias view.... Just like the Australian Society of Kangaroos.

The fact is and it's backed up by 1000's if not 100 000's of the scientific and environmental community, is that eating, farming kangaroo and other natives animals such Croc and Emu does much more good than harm.

It's not a new idea either. It's quite old, it's just that time and again people like yourself can't see past the emotive and do a bit of thinking.

If you greenies actually got out in the wild and saw the sheer amount of certain species of macropods you might actually get an idea.
And if you saw how much land had been deteriorated by anything hoofed. Especially farmed animals, you may change your point of view.

What annoys me most is that people love taking the credit of luxuries of science. How many of you 100% trust their Iphones, computers traffics lights, sewage systems, security systems, planes, cars, trains, internet and everything else but still don't trust scientist with something that have studied a good part of their life on. And their idea and evidence is backed up by non profit, non bias, environmental science pro groups.

they dont farm roos

If you got any of that infomation off the Australian Society of Kangaroos you may want to check the actual full facts rather than the ones they "selected" out of a scientific paper or was written by some non peer reviewed journal, or written by someone from a bias view.... Just like the Australian Society of Kangaroos.

The fact is and it's backed up by 1000's if not 100 000's of the scientific and environmental community, is that eating, farming kangaroo and other natives animals such Croc and Emu does much more good than harm.

It's not a new idea either. It's quite old, it's just that time and again people like yourself can't see past the emotive and do a bit of thinking.

If you greenies actually got out in the wild and saw the sheer amount of certain species of macropods you might actually get an idea.
And if you saw how much land had been deteriorated by anything hoofed. Especially farmed animals, you may change your point of view.

What annoys me most is that people love taking the credit of luxuries of science. How many of you 100% trust their Iphones, computers traffics lights, sewage systems, security systems, planes, cars, trains, internet and everything else but still don't trust scientist with something that have studied a good part of their life on. And their idea and evidence is backed up by non profit, non bias, environmental science pro groups.

Not trying to sound like a smartass, but what are emu numbers like? Just curious.

Not trying to sound like a smartass, but what are emu numbers like? Just curious.

Emus and kangaroos both thrive on land that has been cleared,but that leads to overpopulation,especially roos.then they starve because theres not enough food to go around.

Emus and kangaroos both thrive on land that has been cleared,but that leads to overpopulation,especially roos.then they starve because theres not enough food to go around.

If there is insufficient food or water roos put their embryos on hold until better times. That is the great marsupial adaptation that let them dominate on a continent with a flood/ drought cycle.
Emus cant do this. During drought I have seen them heaped dead in 3 meter piles along the Nullabor when they have gone as far south as they can looking for water.

No problems with people eating crocs, in fact I'd encourage it. They are a very good source of protein, and perhaps amongst the best form of protein you can eat, very high bioavailability. MUCH better than beef, and better than chicken. Think white fish meat, 90%+ bio availability. People eat kangaroos. Crocodiles are farmed, last I checked kangaroos are not, they're just hunted.

Of course there are alot more kangaroos than crocs, but the occasional hunting of a croc for food does not offend me in any way.

But killing a croc and lopping off it's tail? It's so easy...but...come on, let's be serious! If someone wants to hunt a croc, let them, but make sure they take it away and dispose of the guts/bones responsibly, and don't let it sit there and rot and stink the place out.

Where do you suggest the Countrymen dispose of it? In a wheelie bin? A Council tip? Interested.

No problems with people eating crocs, in fact I'd encourage it. They are a very good source of protein, and perhaps amongst the best form of protein you can eat, very high bioavailability. MUCH better than beef, and better than chicken. Think white fish meat, 90%+ bio availability. People eat kangaroos. Crocodiles are farmed, last I checked kangaroos are not, they're just hunted.

Of course there are alot more kangaroos than crocs, but the occasional hunting of a croc for food does not offend me in any way.

But killing a croc and lopping off it's tail? It's so easy...but...come on, let's be serious! If someone wants to hunt a croc, let them, but make sure they take it away and dispose of the guts/bones responsibly, and don't let it sit there and rot and stink the place out.

LOL, it's not like it was dumped in the middle of Darwin, it was found at a river crossing in a remote part of the NT, I am sure very little of it would have gone to waste.

521793_497035360336152_627223998_n.jpg

What a load of BS. Propaganda. You obviously have NO idea how regulated this industry is, this is such uneducated crap. Stopping this slaughter as you call it is taking bread put of families mouths .And could very easily lead to (even more) over population of roos.And anyway you can't spell slaughter without laughter, so have a coke and a smile...

There are plenty of crocs getting shot, and not eaten too.

Some people just don't realise how vast and remote Australia really is. When you are brought up in a city or town and don't get to do the klm's it's easy to read stuff and form ideas about how "it should be",..... yet in reality, and the best thing about going remote in Aus ,is that you very quickly realise that YOU might be on the menu too. This changes your whole perspective on life, because even those cute and cuddly kangaroos and koalas know they have to be tough and on their game to survive each day. Death is everywhere in the country, because so is life.

As far as leaving the croc carcass where they did, its no problem, natural process will have it all gone in a week, with just a flat empty dried out bag of skin and bone to show for what was once a mighty beast.

A dog was taken just 20 mins nth of Cairns cbd, when I was up there not to long ago, and two days later, much to the locals horror and dismay a headless body of a 2.5 - 3m croc was found at the site. The rangers through a trap in too and caught another 2.7m croc two days later, so the FW dog owner might not have even got the right one. The blackfellas up in the cape are still spearing or shooting any croc that is misbehaving, and so are the farmers, not all but some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back