Croc ID Please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

longqi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just went to house here about an 'alligator' they bought

It is NOT an alligator as is has definite croc features
They were told "Freshwater alligator from Indonesia, Maximum length 1 metre"

I think the information given is totally incorrect but dont know enough about baby crocs to be positive

557884_10201242250642855_1024021349_n.jpg

970913_10201242251682881_256521106_n.jpg

Hope they've got a big swimming pool and no pets, apart from their new Saltie that is:)!

could it be a Siamese crocodile?
either way, still going to need a big pool

Lots of pets
Lots of young kids
Siamese may be a possibility but price suggests it was too cheap

My first opinion was salty but I hope Im wrong

It looks like a Saltwater Crocodile (Crocodylus porosus).

Last edited:
My first thought was Crocodylus porosus, and I can't find anything that makes me think differently.

I am confident that you a baby Saltwater Crocodile (Crocodylus pororosus) there. The base colour can vary from grey to yellow and the amount of dark scales are variable in amount, banded on the tail and mostly irregular on the back. The size and near vertical orientation of the two rows of scutes along the top edge of the tail are distinctive of salties. Siamese and Fresshies are bandedr on the back and have different shaped snouts to salties.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a young C. porosus to me. Note the cluster of 4 nuchal scales separated from the head scales by an area of much smaller scales, and the chequered rather than banded body. Saltwater croc, Salty, estuarine croc or indo-pacific croc...all one and the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back