Crocidillis Park NT

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cougar

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Melgalea's thred of her great day out inspired me to share with you these pics, of me and work mates, helping the staff at the park handle and prep 150 crocs for transport.

It was a hot day and hard work the crocs are stunned then tied for safety but they all wake up on the inspection table so long as the eyes are covered they dont panic, and the animals were all treated nicely.

Most were 2m in lenght and weigh about 30 -40 kg, the cages are small but remember this is a croc farm as well as a tourist park, tourists dont see this side of the park.

Check out what the little fella does to his cage even at the size they are now they'll take on a human and proberly win, he was cut free gently and slowly.PC141330.JPG

PC141331.JPG

PC141333.JPG

PC141334.JPG

PC141335.JPG

Wow that pic is a good representation of their power.

croc hunter

My work call this activity adventure training?
The crocidillis staff call it cheap labor!
;)

Wish I could do some adventure training.

I tried to do adventure training with my work. They wouldn't do anything like that even though I asked continuously. They instead made me jump off (repel) down the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I hate heights as it is, but once you got to the end of the repel rope you had to let go and plummet about another 20 feet into Sydney Harbour and swim 30 m through shark and garbage infested water back to shore. Would rather do Crocodylus Park, followed by Graeme Gow's Reptile World (if it's still open) and then a herp trek through Oenpelli.

Well Brad, if you want to do this, join the Army and become an AJ after high school and get posted to Darwin. These guys get to do this during work time and get paid to have this experience.

That's my recruiting drive for the Government. The Army. The Edge. LOL

i like the pic where theres hundreds of crocs (maybe someone should count them LOL)

is it a croc bag farm? or am i mistaken

Yeah, as far as I know, they do cull a percentage of what is farmed both for skins, as well as meat.

it all about the belly

not to offend anybody but we were there to sort out the ones to go and be culled, so if it was an "A grade" bellly its off to market, but if it was scared or cut or damaged in anyway its "B grade" and back to the cage for 6 months or as long as it takes to heal.
These skins are shipped over seas to stop local and international poaching will sell for $500ea in bulk (like 150at a time) and get turned into shoes, bags, meat, skulls, teeth acc. etc worth thousands. its all used up efficiently.

hey cougar..nice pics. glad to see you had a good day out as well. :D:D:D
mel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back