Crocodile photo's and housing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dottyback

Reaction score
I would love to see peoples Fw and SW crocs and how they house them. Mine is in a 6'x4'x2' deep pond heated and filtered.

houdinishouse.jpg

houdini.jpg

Great looking enclosure.
We have one of those tubs at work housing live rock (marine), do you think the filtration is adequate or would a canister filter be required?
Does the heat lamp work well at that height?

what are you going to do when it ge's bigger? what do you do with it when you clean out it's enclousure?

oh and what kind of temp monitoring equiptment are you using?

The top baffle filter works a treat. I will get a bigger pond when he gets bigger of course!
600 watts of heaters keep the water temp at 30.c, the spot light is 150 watts whilst the 26 watt 10.0 uvb works well as it is short of its 52cm range.

hey, nice little freshie!! here are a couple of pics of my crocs, one salty, two freshies, and my salties tank(which i am upgrading soon because he is getting to big for it)!!

Attachments

• IMG_3288.jpg
    IMG_3288.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 244
  • DVC00977.JPG
    DVC00977.JPG
    214.8 KB · Views: 192
  • DVC00950.JPG
    DVC00950.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_4243.jpg
    IMG_4243.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 238
yes...crocs fascinate me
what are the husbandry conditions...where would i get a care sheet?

I keep my salty in an enclosure similar to the glass tank shown. He is way to big for it but strives inside. I had heard crocodiles stress easy in tanks much larger then nessessary, anyone confirm this? For instance a friend set up a bungalo for a crocodile, more or less, massive pool heating and all that good stuff, heaps of room, put in his croc which was the same size as mine and it went off food, went funny aorund people, became shy and thin and started loosing his teeth. He was moved back into his old tank and started coming good again.

I am interested to know exactly what people do wtih the salties in particular when they are fully grown? I guess make a enclosure out doors but what sort of measurements are we talking for a fully grown salty.

I hope to build a shed with an outdoor area for summer

I just love crocs but my hubby would freak out if I was to have one, the fact that they grow so big would be of a major problem ,if only there was a dwarf breed of crocs ,am so envious of you guys .......

think we live in the wrong country for dwarfs?...
my o/h refuses to let me have a tiger....but working on it!

DL i was just day dreaming , I would love a little freshie, but my hubby would freak at that little alone getting a salty, but could probably get away with it ,if it was a dwarf ,say about 3 foot long fully grown lol:lol:

There is actually a "pygmy" form of Freshwater Crocodile, however you are unable to keep crocodiles in QLD as pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back