crocodile`s and mice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this is what one of the reasons this website is for asking questions for help the guy needed help so he asked stop putting the guy down and maybe just don't comment at all

Last edited by a moderator:
i was going to be a smarty bottom and say 'Um, when its hungry' but I kinda agree with Wrightpython here. Shouldn't there be some kind of screening when it comes to something that can chew off a limb or poison you to death with a bite?

Pretty sure a freshie isn't gunna chew a limb off.
I agree with Wrighty (which would be a first) what are you doing with a freshie if you have no idea how to care for it?
To the people saying he's asking for help, he shouldn't put an animal in that predicament. Foolish and thoughtless behaviour.

Last edited:
I needed help with my elephant and my childreni why didn't you help me out

Pretty sure a freshie isn't gunna chew a limb off.
I agree with Wrighty (which would be a first) what are you doing with a freshie if you have no idea how to care for it?
To the people saying he's asking for help, he shouldn't put an animal in that pridicament. Foolish and thoughtless behaviour.
We finally agree on something welcome to the dark side we have alcohol and cookies

Maybe because your being a smart about it and maybe he knows how to care for it just didn't no when to start them off on mice/rats and you's are the ones with the foolish behavior.

Maybe because your being a smart about it and maybe he knows how to care for it just didn't no when to start them off on mice/rats and you's are the ones with the foolish behavior.

Maybe it's past your bed time Caleb, it's great that you are sticking up for the OP but at the end of the day he has been irresponsible. We hope that by telling him some home truths it may discourage him from buying an animal in the future with no knowledge of it's husbandry requirements

haha dam i wish i was as funny as that mate I'm 16 i don't have a bed time so why don't you and ya other friends that are having a go at this guy that is just asking for a little help so
maybe use should just back off and leave the guy alone I'm sure he wanted answers no comments that are putting him down and im sure there's a lot more people that would be backing me up mate.

gday guys just wondering at what age/size i can feed my my year old+ freshwater crocodile mice or rats with furr cheer`s
id stick to mice until the croc gets bigger . u could try it on hoppers - if they look to be to big then cut the mouse in half .

but really its a croc , if it thinks the food is too big then it will soon sort it out on its own .

Last edited:
Stop stressin caleb these old blokes are just the same dude ya run into at the pub old heros mate thats all still stuck in the days of big notein themselves. Ye ya both quite knowledgable people but s?@t ya to far gone boys. Good luck to yas... Im out

Ps wrighty likes are even hahaha so childish but had to be said

Aaahaha...wrightpython vs.the newb gang.

Aaanyway, to the O.P, the best way to find out if your pet crocodile is ready for new foods is to use the bodypart test- if your finger is as big as the crocs mouth, use food about that size. If you're not sure, let the croc bite you, then check the tooth marks against the size of food you wish to use. You can continue using this methpd as the animal grows- your finger first, then arm, then head, then..well, you probably wont need any more.

I have WAY too much time on my hands.

now for all those people being smart asses i no exactly what im doing the reason that i asked when they can be given a mouse with fur is because young crocodiles have been none to die from hair balls from mice im no asking when he can be up graded to a bigger mouse ive had a lot of experance with crocodilan`s

haha dam i wish i was as funny as that mate I'm 16 i don't have a bed time so why don't you and ya other friends that are having a go at this guy that is just asking for a little help so
maybe use should just back off and leave the guy alone I'm sure he wanted answers no comments that are putting him down and im sure there's a lot more people that would be backing me up mate.

Okay, I acquiese, I bow to you with your inherent knowledge of all things. I will back off from having an opinion.

yeah for the people saying i have no clue how to look after it he has a perfict setup and also it`s no my first crocodile and i work with crocodilan`s few differen`t speacies all the time

Stop stressin caleb these old blokes are just the same dude ya run into at the pub old heros mate thats all still stuck in the days of big notein themselves. Ye ya both quite knowledgable people but s?@t ya to far gone boys. Good luck to yas... Im out

Some of these "old" blokes have bee round reptiles for years mate. and yes while some do go over the top like wright it is to prove a point... hopefully. When keeping crocs, usually research goes into it. In Vic it is to easy now for people to keep these.... there is a lot more screening in other states. As for op having alot of experience with crocs, if this is the case and you know about stats of crocs dying from "furballs" then you should have a rough idea of age to feed them this size feed. I am not jumping on the band wagon cracking the op, but this is something people should be aware of.... similar to wright saying what should she be feeding her stimmie or what ever. It is important for people to know the correct info. Thanks to those hwo provided it for op so i dont have to but at the same time threads going this way far to often.... criticise and so on.....not all "us" oldies are oldies simply cause we know stuff.... I am only 23. But have been working with and sutdying herps since 10. So not all oldies sit in pubs mate. Some of us sit at home with our families doing what you will do in years time... so try and show some respect both ways yeh ?

I hope Caleb doesn't run into mein the pub being hes 16

yeah for the people saying i have no clue how to look after it he has a perfict setup and also it`s no my first crocodile and i work with crocodilan`s few differen`t speacies all the time
If you know what your doing and have so much experience then why ask the question, I'm glad you need an exhibitors license to have crocs in nsw stops the show offs how many different species are you handling regularly,

Last edited:
Some of these "old" blokes have bee round reptiles for years mate. and yes while some do go over the top like wright it is to prove a point... hopefully. When keeping crocs, usually research goes into it. In Vic it is to easy now for people to keep these.... there is a lot more screening in other states. As for op having alot of experience with crocs, if this is the case and you know about stats of crocs dying from "furballs" then you should have a rough idea of age to feed them this size feed. I am not jumping on the band wagon cracking the op, but this is something people should be aware of.... similar to wright saying what should she be feeding her stimmie or what ever. It is important for people to know the correct info. Thanks to those hwo provided it for op so i dont have to but at the same time threads going this way far to often.... criticise and so on.....not all "us" oldies are oldies simply cause we know stuff.... I am only 23. But have been working with and sutdying herps since 10. So not all oldies sit in pubs mate. Some of us sit at home with our families doing what you will do in years time... so try and show some respect both ways yeh ?
I agree with you, but seriously? Where in the first OPs post did it say he had no experience? As far as we know he just wanted another persons experience as to when, because he wanted to be sure.... God forbid ppl posting for help! That's what this forum is about, chatting to ppl about similar hobbies and getting information and ideas on how they do things, my my, calm down, I think it's rude you just jumped into saying he had no idea, when u don't know what he knows, for all u know he has a croc who is sick n wanted to know if it was safe to put him onto fuzzies at his age!!! How bout asking questions and finding out some information about the OP and his croc before jumping down his throat. I've not been here long and I dunno if I even wanna stay if this is how u treat ppl who come for advice! If u don't have anything better to do then criticize SHAME ON YOU!

I hope Caleb doesn't run into mein the pub being hes 16

If you know what your doing and have so much experience then why ask the question, I'm glad you need an exhibitors license to have crocs in nsw stops the show offs how many different species are you handling regularly,
it`s one question i don`t no every bloody thing about crocodile`s so i asked a question and found the answer to be they should never get fur and i handle alligator`s and freshwater crocodile`s on a regula basis as i work at a wildlife park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back