Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yommy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Bewtween the Central and Mid North Coast - NSW
Just got back from a week in the NT catching up with some good old herping mate.

Went and had a look at Gavin Bedfords ' Crocosaurus Cove' in the main drag of Darwin.
I would have to say it is one of the best displays of reptile i've seen in Aus.
He has done an awesome job with this attraction and it is a must see if you get up that way.

An excellent reptile house. The only thing missing was an Oenpelli on display. Hopefully one day the NT government will take a leap out of the WA governments book and do for them as what has been done with the roughies.

Though the two massive Albino olives on display were a great sight.

Here are some pics, defineatly worth a visit.

Attachments

• albino olive.JPG
    albino olive.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 193
  • CAGE OF DEATH 1.JPG
    CAGE OF DEATH 1.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 186
  • CAGE OF DEATH 2.JPG
    CAGE OF DEATH 2.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 173
  • caramel croc 1.JPG
    caramel croc 1.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 178
  • caramel croc 2.JPG
    caramel croc 2.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 170
they doo look like amazing displays!
have to check it out 1 day
thnx for postin!
Cheers
Cam

Awesome mate. Ive always wanted to go to Darwin for a visit now this is even more reason to go!

well worth a visit if you get up that way, there are some big crocs there too and well priced.
Like i mentioned before all they really need is at least one Oenpelli on display and it would have top the experience. I don't believe the 'Territory Wildlife Park' are displaying the one remaining one there which is a shame.
They are beautiful animals, luckily i got to see them in the flesh at the TWP while i lived up there.

That Cameral/White croc is a cracker.
Is that a Saw Shark crusing around in with the Pig Nose Turtle (2nd PN turlte pic).

Looks like a worth while place to visit, might have to head up there.
I got friends up there, free accomodation, lol.

I love going to that place. One of the things I think is really cool is that they offer a year long entry for the same price for territorians. I go there quite regularly and drool over the animals especially the albino olives. It's a great attraction and I never get sick of going there.

Just went there myself a few days ago. Very impressive reptile collection. I was a bit skeptical about some of the info on the signs though; "A bite from a King Brown snake would most likely be fatal if left untreated". I didn't think King Browns were quite that venomous - am I wrong?

Excellent collection of crocodile models/stuffed crocs from around the world - very informative, I learnt a few things. I might post a few pics on here as well if that's OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back