Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol mildly venomous that like to hug their prey - GOLD!

You can pick up pure bred childrens for less then that. So you won't get even close to $180, unless you find some newbie that doesn't know what there doing. Or alternativly you could sell them to a petshop who will likely re-sell them as pure.

Too True!!

There are some amazing looking Antaresia being bred and sold at very reasonable prices.
So why bother even breeding an Antaresia cross, get a pair of nice Antaresia and breed
something you can be proud of, not something you will have trouble selling honestly.

Just ignore the people who post photos of "jaguar" morph carpets
as if its some kind of testament to hybrids.

Dingos and dogs are actually the same species, Canis lupus. Dingos are Canis lupus dingo, dogs are Canis lupus familiaris.

It is not the same as a cross between two different species.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Anything that can have healthy babies is the same species, as far as most biologists are concerned. Ie Horses and Donkeys are different species because Asses are sterile, dogs and dingoes are the same because their offspring are healthy and fertile.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Anything that can have healthy babies is the same species, as far as most biologists are concerned. Ie Horses and Donkeys are different species because Asses are sterile, dogs and dingoes are the same because their offspring are healthy and fertile.

That's a very dated definition of species. Plenty of different species can produce fertile offspring especially in the reptile world.

as typical with ppl asking if they can xbreed this python with that python
they have already made up thier minds that they are going to do it.
As for asking what they would sell for, if thats the only reason you want to breed
them you are only interested in the return and not the pythons for what they are.
TOTALLY SICK OF PPL THAT ARE HELL BENT ON BREEDING TWO SNAKESOF A DIFFERENT FORM
BECAUSE THEY CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MORE MONGRELS ON THE MARKET FOR UNSUSPECTING BUYERS

That's a very dated definition of species. Plenty of different species can produce fertile offspring especially in the reptile world.

It's a simple defition but I wouldn't say it's dated. In any case, my point was that I'd like to know exactly why people object to this. As long as the offspring are healthy and happy (unlike dingo Xs) I can't see an argument against it.

I can't see an argument against it.

How about some respect for Australias native fauna.

The ability to produce viable (non sterile) offspring isnt good enough to define species.

You dont even need to open your eyes to notice
the difference between a Bredli and a Carpet python
you can feel it in your hands!

Yet, crossing them i imagine would produces viable offspring.

The ability to produce viable (non sterile) offspring isnt good enough to define species.

You dont even need to open your eyes to notice
the difference between a Bredli and a Carpet python
you can feel it in your hands!

Yet, crossing them i imagine would produces viable offspring.

it can and has been done as i was talking to a guy last week who has 2 coastal x bredli's.

okay well
your aloud to do it
but its personally i wouldnt
but on the other hand i own a hybrid and its a great pet but only because it happens in the wild naturally with diamonds and carpets so i dont see the harm
another thing is i dont really hate them and every time you see a cross breed dog do you 'vomit all over it' no lol

Dark Angel,
Im aware that people have crossed Bredli with most forms of carpet (and diamonds
just not sure if anyone has bred from the resulting hybrid offspring, knowingly.

Populations being separated, developing into subspecies and then re-encountering one another and going on to cross-breed isn't unheard of in the wild. I'm not saying I'd do it - frankly I can't see any reason to beyond curiosity, which isn't good enough for me to **** about with the creation of lives - but once again, nobody's put forth a particularly strong argument against it either.

ha ha. these post halarious, i do love the passion behind the pure bred club too. a friend of mine once rocked up to german shepard training with a shepard that had a bit of something else in it ( and he knew it) and was snobbed by the other proud shepard owners. reminds me of the big fark Q he gave them... he ditched the training course for a more relaxed group.. and still loves his dog. this situation is bound to happen, there is nothing stopping you, if you are honest about the breed, not even kama will get in your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back