Cruelty at Melb Zoo?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably people just over reacting and seeing things as cruel, but then again it could be true *shrug*.

or just some peta lunatic trying to get support before launching a ridiculous campaign against zoos:rolleyes:

I personally know most of the reptile keepers at Melbourne Zoo and have seen all of their off-display stuff a few times, sometimes without any notice that I was coming. They are definitely at the top of their game and all their animals were in superb health. In a single half a day visit, I witnessed them retrieving freshly hatched Delma impar's (an endangered legless lizard from the grasslands of south east Australia), a beautiful Fijian Banded Iguana laying eggs and a big healthy Frilled Lizard preparing to lay eggs.

I haven't seen any other areas of the zoo (how's that for being dedicated to reptiles!), but from my experiences with the reptile department, I find it highly unlikely that any of those allegations are based on truth.

And they threw in Healsville Sanctuary but as far as I am aware the vet there is Dr Franciscus Scheelings BVSc (Melb), no way on this planet he would let it happen.

And i will add to Jonno's comments having seen the reptiles off display areas they are very very clean and all very healthy animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back