Cunningham Skink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

azzmilan

Not so new Member
Reaction score
A well intentioned but misinformed coworker of mine has come into the aquisition of a Cunningham Skink.
This same said person is known for removing wildlife from one location and moving them to another.

And is also known for keeping wildlife as pets and has no license.

I have told this person I will not tolerate them doing this behaviour again and will report them to the authorities.

However recently he has gotten a Cunningham Skink and unless I am partially blind I can't find that on my basic wildlife license booklet so I presume
that he is telling the truth and it's not actually on it and he got it from the pet store.

Basically my questionis, Cunningham Skinks require licenses?

Depends on which state you are talking about. Here in SA they are on a basic permit.

Doubt making a report will result in anything positive happening wrt the welfare of the skink, and he's unlikely to be prosecuted or even fined.

What do you hope will happen ? realisticly

If you were serious and wise about reporting the illegally obtained skink , you
- should not have forewarned the offender
- should have simply and quietly made the report
- not come here to make a big song and dance over it (he probably comes here too) - until after the event and it's clear something happened or failed to happen like you hoped it would.

The whole affair is more likely to backfire onto you .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back