Custom enclosure build

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job mate im planning on doing a t.v cabinet up like your self how many lTs of stain did you need for it?

Man seriously this is my first build and it has come out as one of the best custom builds out of a tv cabinet! ( in my eyes anyway) Start to finish 6-8 weeks on and off man and over all I spent about $950-$1050, that's including everything!

Python_dan89 : I only used one man the stain I used was a feast and Watson and the color was black Japan. If you have any more questions let me know man happy to help.

Looks like it came out good. How is the track going? Any issues?

You actually purchased the last one we made available. We have currently dropped the track pending a design change since I am sure you can agree that it's installation was difficult (especially if you don't follow the instructions to the letter).

We want to either make the design reflect a much easier install or improve the instructions so they are much clearer.

Just because we have dropped the line, doesn't mean you won't have support. If there is any problems, just get in contact with us :)

Virides- will you be making a black track at all? maybe a black pvc track like the cowdrys or something? i think it would sell very well if you did or a track with a melamine strip one side that was stainable to match a custom timber enclosure??

OP, looks fantastic. did you make the rock wall? all in all i rekon its amazing.. i think the slate grey background would make a gtp or albino pop like crazy.. :) good work

Virides- will you be making a black track at all? maybe a black pvc track like the cowdrys or something? i think it would sell very well if you did or a track with a melamine strip one side that was stainable to match a custom timber enclosure??

I will keep that in mind. I do hope to see the track available one day. It is expensive to maintain stock for so maybe down the track (no pun intended lol), we will see it again.

The track itself isn't the problem. The installation can be daunting especially since the glue we use is rediculously strong and unforgiving. We might come up with something that purely aids the install.

Pics not working, well I wish they wouldn't anyway. They make me jealous!

Cheers guys. Hey Scotty yer mate tracks are perfect I highly recommend virides awesome communication the whole time not one thing wrong. His loving his new home I fed him in there today downed 2 d/o chicks so everything is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Ben stein made the rock wall. I wanted it done right and something that looked amazing. Just had to wait 8 weeks for it... All and all came out just the way I wanted so yer haha no bad feedback so far :)

Cheers guys. Hey Scotty yer mate tracks are perfect I highly recommend virides awesome communication the whole time not one thing wrong. His loving his new home I fed him in there today downed 2 d/o chicks so everything is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Ben stein made the rock wall. I wanted it done right and something that looked amazing. Just had to wait 8 weeks for it... All and all came out just the way I wanted so yer haha no bad feedback so far :)

One of the best Enclosures I've seen in awhile all works well and the stein background just sets it off.

Thanks mate. If your going to build something do it right the first time haha everyone who has seen it can't believe how well it came together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back