Dainty Tree Frogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polgara

Reaction score
My frogs are about 12 months old (i.e since breathing air) they are Dainty Tree Frogs but still all bright yellow, will they turn green? I kinda like them yellow but a green one would be nice too!!

Attachments

• frog.jpg
    frog.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMGP2581a.jpg
    IMGP2581a.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 133
thanks, thats Frogdger. A poser and a showoff. often jumps on your hand when cleaning the tank and likes to check you out. Hard to pick him from the rest as they are all Fricken YELLO2

Very nice, Ive kept Daintys in the past, they are my fav frog.

To answer your question, I had 2 that both stayed yellow while in my care (about 2 years).
Then I past them on to a mate that had a colony of them.
Last I saw them, there was 9 in his colony (4x yellow and 5x green)

Great looking setup as well, Im liking the bramiliad.
Just make sure its planted in chemical free soil (coco pete) topped with gravel.

Last edited:
Thankyou andyscott, I guess it will be a wait and see kinda thing, I do like them yellow as they stand out amongst the greenery in the tank.

They are very entertaining, and quite active during the day if you pop flys in the tank.

The soil is chemical free, though I had not covered it with gravel - Wouldn't that hurt their tummy? It is mostly covered with moss though. Attached is a proper pic of full set up. Any suggested improvements would be welcome.

Attachments

• frog tank.jpg
    frog tank.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMGP2608a.jpg
    IMGP2608a.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 106
Maybe you should just get another one that is green, that would be my solution;););)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back