Darwin python hatchling enclosure help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithie99

Reaction score
I was just wondering if 6 month old darwin carpet python would be ready to go into a bigger enclosure? She stretches at about almost a metre long. Also, if a taller enclosure of 1200Hx420Wx500B MM would be suitable for this carpet. Would i need floor heating or a heat lamp as i know they like to climb.
She's currently in a suitable tub but would like to upgrade her and just looking for clarification. Thank's for your help.

I was just wondering if 6 month old darwin carpet python would be ready to go into a bigger enclosure? She stretches at about almost a metre long. Also, if a taller enclosure of 1200Hx420Wx500B MM would be suitable for this carpet. Would i need floor heating or a heat lamp as i know they like to climb.
She's currently in a suitable tub but would like to upgrade her and just looking for clarification. Thank's for your help.

I wouldn't use an enclosure of those dimensions. The floor space is too small for an adult Carpet (unless you plan to upgrade when she's larger) and vertical enclosures are more difficult to manage the temperatures in. If you do use an enclosure that high it's best to use both floor heat and a heat lamp. A heat lamp alone is certainly not sufficient unless the room itself is warm enough.

Awesome thanks so much, and absolutely by the time she's an adult and much larger she will be in a more then big enough enclosure. But for this size now i was thinking this might be suitable. Thanks so much, let me know about anymore information if you have any!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back