Darwin thread

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by beatlloydy, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NTNed

    NTNed Active Member

    Joined:
    May 12, 2012
    Messages:
    226
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thought I'd throw my little girl in for good measure;

    Bimbo-01.jpg Bimbo-04.jpg Bimbo-02.jpg
     
  2. Colin

    Colin morelia

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2006
    Messages:
    4,506
    Likes Received:
    8
    Gender:
    Male
    last years holdback female
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  3. Pinoy

    Pinoy Very Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1,050
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    NSW
    Thats awesome!!! I want one like that next season :p
     
  4. DomoKu

    DomoKu Not so new Member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2011
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
    I'd love to see more of members 'Normal' Darwins....
     
  5. DarwinBrianT

    DarwinBrianT Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2011
    Messages:
    352
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Warner, Brisbane
  6. DomoKu

    DomoKu Not so new Member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2011
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
    Just a few i had one my computer... need to get some updated pics
     

    Attached Files:

  7. NTNed

    NTNed Active Member

    Joined:
    May 12, 2012
    Messages:
    226
    Likes Received:
    0
    What a Gorgeous little girl Colin. Love the colours of her, now I want one that colour. Might have to leave APS, costs to much monet keeping up with the Jones's...lol
     
  8. pythonmum

    pythonmum Subscriber Subscriber

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2006
    Messages:
    2,989
    Likes Received:
    19
    Location:
    Sydney
    My male albino just shed and he is feeling feisty! Within minutes of putting the female into his enclosure, they were cuddled up. They've been at it all day.
    [​IMG]
     
  9. Colin

    Colin morelia

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2006
    Messages:
    4,506
    Likes Received:
    8
    Gender:
    Male
    het albino darwin I bred from a (pure) albino x (pure) het albino
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  10. smithson

    smithson Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2011
    Messages:
    490
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    BERWICK/melb
    Wow how and we're do I put my name down for one of these
    colin ?
     
  11. Colin

    Colin morelia

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2006
    Messages:
    4,506
    Likes Received:
    8
    Gender:
    Male
    private messaged you. but all the het albinos I bred season just passed sold a few months ago.
     
  12. SpilotaFreak78

    SpilotaFreak78 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2011
    Messages:
    431
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    NSW South West
    Very nice Colin, I May have to get one of these Hets from you next year.

    If I am understanding allelles and genetics right with Albinos and Hets, if I cross two Hets, theres a 25% that offspring will come out pure albinos right, and another 25% chance there will be classics and 50% for more Hets, is that right?

    At this stage I am still mulling over whether I should get an albino male to go over all my Darwin girls or a corresponding male for each of my Darwin girls thats all
     
  13. Bandit05

    Bandit05 Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2011
    Messages:
    189
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Yorke Peninsula SA
    Suki after shed 1.jpg Mira.jpg Two of my Darwin het females...waiting on their brother to shed
     
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  14. Skeptic

    Skeptic Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2012
    Messages:
    522
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Port Macquarie
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  15. Colin

    Colin morelia

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2006
    Messages:
    4,506
    Likes Received:
    8
    Gender:
    Male
    het albino x het albino =
    25%albino
    50% het albino
    25% normal

    but you cant determine the hets from normals with both looking "normal" darwin colouration, Its much better to use an albino x het albino =
    50% albino
    50% het albino
     
  16. pythonmum

    pythonmum Subscriber Subscriber

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2006
    Messages:
    2,989
    Likes Received:
    19
    Location:
    Sydney
    I totally agree - get the albino to go over all females. Possible het offspring may as well be normals because you can't tell until you breed them more than two years later!
     
  17. Twitch_80

    Twitch_80 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2011
    Messages:
    875
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Melbourne
    Few pics from few months ago, mostly of the male
     

    Attached Files:

  18. Chanzey

    Chanzey Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2011
    Messages:
    554
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Townsville
    Love the look of normal darwins, hard to see a bad looking one.
     
  19. Twitch_80

    Twitch_80 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2011
    Messages:
    875
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Melbourne
    They are both hets but yes I love the look of them, very pretty snakes..
     
  20. Sunnyfront

    Sunnyfront Not so new Member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2012
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Sunbury, Vic
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page