Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God anotehr person on here has got a Het like mine. Did yours start out with alot of red Nato then fade to the colour he has now? Mine has individual red scales here and there but is mostly cream and black where 3 months ago she was red, cream and black
another one of my 100% HETs male here named Hades
dsc06662o.jpg

dsc06661q.jpg

dsc06655o.jpg

I'm not going to botehr putting up any pics, I find them too much trouble plus they are all on my phone anyhow.

This is what I have of Darwins so far

1 female classic pattern called Sprite, though she's up for sale
1 female Coastal cross with striped rear half of body called Suzie, she's up for sale too, someone else can have to prove out if she's a het albino or not.
1 female hypo het albino called Caramel, living up to her name, considering the price I paid for her, thought after a while she might be a caramel gene Darwin, but now she is just a peppered black and creamy yellow with very few single red scales here and there.
1 male striped het albino called Noodle.
1 female striped Albino that I just put a deposit on over at SXR, I'm going to call her Cream. I hope she turns out better than my last Albino who got sick and died on me costing me $1200 (animal $900, vet fees $300 or so), I was very reluctant to get another one but I am open to try with an expensive animal again.

yze2uhuv.jpg

My girl relaxing after a feed.

Hoping she keeps the reduced orange as she grows.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Advice on breeding

Hey guys, im new to this site but have been looking after NT Carpet Pythons for a while, but am looking to start off breeding them and see how i go. However
my big 6ft2 7yr old male im afraid may be too old for breeding ??

Also is it that hard or do you really need to put alot into it?

Any advice or tips on what to do or look out for will be much appreciated!

Cheers

Here r my 2 growing like weeds and Albino just starting to show her Yellow.........very happy with these 2 and both handle like a dream.......
9053868057_1ce9692bd4_c.jpg
9056094102_a9980d556c_c.jpg
9053865307_ffe27830c0_c.jpg
9053863899_08364e2512_c.jpg
Sry bad pics Het wouldn't stay still lol

Wow, that's a cracker Norm. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get this beauty from? It has very nice soft colours :D

I got him from a guy here in the newcastle area, I don't know who bred him, he wasn't the breeder. He's my first albino so I'm pretty pleased with him, very reduced orange colour and quite a bit of that flouro yellow that doesn't really show up in the pics. Out in the sun or under lights you can't see it, but when you put him the shade it really stands out. I've tried getting better pics but I'm a crappy photographer!

Lovely, everyone. Next year is looking good in our place.

That was last weekend. The female is already looking puffy and starting to hang around her hide box on the floor of her enclosure. That is her favourite spot when gravid. They are still getting conjugal visits and not wasting time.

pehenu6a.jpg

Here's a photo of my boy. He's going on about 4 now. Still as cuddly as ever :).

amazing looking snakes everyone finally decided that a Darwin will be my first snake. What would be a fair price for 100% hets. They look amazing and in the future (after several years with the snakes and a lot more learning) I would like to have a go at breeding.

Hi smilies.snakes, 100% hets should be priced around $50-100 each. There are loads of them around and less demand, so price is quite low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back