Dealing witb a baby huntsman spider plague ....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[MENTION=34451]Snapped[/MENTION], it's good to see a lady who likes Arachnida, they are few and far between, believe it or not the humble huntsman relishes the chance to munch on those insidious little beasties (white tails), i won't kill them myself, as with all creatures they are on the evolution ladder for a reason and deserve to live out their lives in peace (or until the huntsman comes a hunting lol) so long as they (white tails) stay out of my bed i will stay out of their web. :) .....................Ron

hey ronhalling, what is it that makes the white tails so insidious mate?

[MENTION=4778]cement[/MENTION], Buggered if i know m8, unless it is the false reports of the creeping ulcerated sores at the bite sites, or their method of locomotion (they walk the same as a Tarantula i.e 1 1/2 legs at a time) and it looks so weird on a spider that small, they are the only Arachnid that causes me any sort of anxiety when i see them......... just like any fear i suppose...hard to explain and for a guy who claims to like everything Arachnida' i find "White Tails" insidious. :) .........................Ron

Thanks Ron, I grew up with 3 older brothers and on our many adventures to the local creek, we would look for tadpoles, or beatles, worms, bugs, all kinds of things.
We used to have a Huntsman who lived in our letter box, and he/she never bothered me when I opened it to get the mail, but if my (then) partne (who was deathly scared of spiders, especially Huntsman) went to get the mail, the Huntsman would rear up in defense mode. It became a standing joke, I'd ask him to get the mail and he'd just give me "the look" hehehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back