Death by Sticky tape

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupres

Reaction score
Found this poor little WCS the other day,,, He'd obviously seen this lizard stuck to the sticky tape & thought he might go for lunch,, Woops... then he found himself stuck... Unfortunatly both were dead buy the time i found them,,, Plastics dont just find their way into our waterways & kill turtles,, but they are hazzardous wherever you leave them unchecked.. I found this on a suburban job site.

Attachments

• 25082009_002.jpg
    25082009_002.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 306
Actually WCS "White Crowned Snake" But yeh, nice little snakes,, Don't see them to often. As for the lizard,,hmm not to good with them,, But pretty sure was just your run of the mill garden skink.

Tape is deadly I used to feed my spotted juvie in a cardboard box reinforced and sealed with packaging tape, only problem is she managed to get some of it loose and stuck to her head. Really hard to get her free , was really worried. Sticky tape and reptiles dont mix!!!!

Yer keep sticky tape away from your enclosure and snake my mate geoff has a spotted and his old man taped up the end of the fluro when geoff was out so the spotted wouldn't hide in the fluro light casing. The tap got stuck on the spotted pythons mouth and ripped his jaw right back it was an expensive vet trip and a scary few weeks not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back