DECCW Animal Keeper Licence Fauna Record Keeping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEC

Not so new Member
Reaction score
All licensed native animal keepers are required to maintain a fauna record book and lodge it with the Department’s Wildlife Licensing and Management Unit by 30 April each year. Only paper based books have previously been available. Now, an easy to use internet based fauna record book is available to all current licensees who have an email address.

The e-book provides licensees with a fast and efficient way of managing your animal holdings and all the transactions that take place throughout the year. Simple instructions on how to use the system are provided at the top of each screen. To use the native animal keeper’s e-book you must first register an account with the Department.

The important things to know about the e-book are that:

· you are in control of managing all your personal information, contact details and fauna holdings relevant to your licence

· only you and the Department’s Wildlife Licensing and Management Unit can view your personal information, contact details and fauna holdings

· If you choose to use the e-book option you will no longer need to also maintain a paper fauna record book.

All licensees will still be required to lodge their annual holdings by 30 April each year. However, this can now easily be done using the e-book system which will save on postage and handling costs.

If you submit your paper fauna record book, you will receive a new one back in the post. If you choose to submit your holdings by e-book you will NOT receive a paper fauna record book in the post.

Important!

To register you need to use the email address that you have already provided to Wildlife Licensing and Management Unit. If you have changed your email address and not notified us or have never provided us with an email address you will be unsuccessful at registering.

To rectify this simply email [email protected] with your current licensing details and email address. We will update your details and email you to let you know to now try registering for e-book.

Once you have registered you can log onto e-book at www.animalkeepers.environment.nsw.gov.au

For all e-book enquiries please call 9585 6406 Monday to Friday 8:30 – 16:30, or email [email protected]

Note: Online applications for animal keepers and import export licences are also now available on NSW Government Licensing Service

online is better than the book system !!!

i have submited my book everyyear and everyyear bar one i have had to chase it to get it back or have had to re- flist them as it was lost in transit

victoria is also staring down this system ..... least this way they cant do massive revenue raising fine runs targetting silly paperwork mistakes

They must have misentered some of my details, as I supplied them with an email address, but it won't let me register :)

I will email them and see how that goes.

My email issue was quickly sorted and now I'm away. Thankyou Allan. I must say this is an excellent move forward.

Still got the issue of the slowness of issuing import/export licences though. Once DECCW addresses this I'll be a very happy camper indeed.

it works

The new online book really works. Easy to register, although got to remember to keep up w email address. Good stuff.

I have been trying to get my online registration sorted for a while now with no luck.
I have been in touch with Subha and Linda, both said, it will be sorted next day and I will be emailed once sorted.
Nothing happened and I called back, and then I was assured I would get a call next day.
No call and I still can't register my details.

Is there someone else I can get in touch with that will actually help sort it out and get back to me when they say they will?

How do we actually lodge the records? I'm having trouble trying to do it. Have everything recorded but no idea how to lodge it. Does it happen automatically?

Why 30 April? Why not 1st April, it would be much more fun. :lol:

im with u buck, i added all my details, and dont know how to lodge it, when i try it says

" Records found for previous period have not lodged yet. Please lodge your records for previous period"

How do we actually lodge the records? I'm having trouble trying to do it. Have everything recorded but no idea how to lodge it. Does it happen automatically?

im with u buck, i added all my details, and dont know how to lodge it, when i try it says

" Records found for previous period have not lodged yet. Please lodge your records for previous period"

Go into my lodgement, and press new logement....

first time for me to lodge, how do i back date the Date of receipt in Edit Records?

i do dude, and it come up with what i quoated above

I'm in the same boat too.

You click on new lodgement, takes to the next screen, which has an empty table in the middle (just a coloured bar in a box), which I pressume shold list all current holdings, as implied by both the text under the box and the next screen which errors with the afore mentioned error message.

I sent feedback via the link at the bottom of the page, so will see if anything happens.

If nothing turns up in the next week or so, will have to send in my book i suppose :/

is this everyone that owns a snake or breeds with one

yeah rell02, I don't understand what you are asking either..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back