DECCW Animal Keeper Licence Fauna Record Keeping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh they dont really know what they are doing,but either them running things or the free enterprise.
First time i saw the companion thing at DECCW i thought they were blow up dolls :)

Great, so now I gotta register my dolls to.:oops:

i tryed to register and it said my info dosnet match any dec info and i cant get an answer at the dec line and they dont reply to my emails, who should i contact or contact in an email with ATTN "name" as a header to get a reply?

Allan McLean was very helpful for me. How many emails have you sent? I didn't get a reply to my first one but then they fixed it on the second time. I'm guessing they would be getting millions of emails around now though

Allan McLean was very helpful for me. How many emails have you sent? I didn't get a reply to my first one but then they fixed it on the second time. I'm guessing they would be getting millions of emails around now though

Is Allan the only person at the deccw he definitely seems to be. Every time I have had anything to do with them it's always him, but he is helpful.

He sorted out putting my email and it worked a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah Allan was the name on email I received to, he updated my details but I still cant register.Wish I had sent in the paper records now.

How long ago was that Bigfella? I was told it would take up to 48 hours to go through

I for one have been asking for a system like this for years.

I had no problem with setting mine up, the 1/4/10 purchase I saw as not a big issue, just make notes with the entry.

If DECCW has a query they can see the notes and look up their old records. I see this sort of thing happen with all new online systems 1st time out (I work in IT). All organisations launching new systems must be prepared for a few glitches, make a few lea-ways and adjust things.

My records creation was straight forward, lodgement went fine and my carry forward to 2011-2012 is correct. So we will see how we go in April 2012 using the system. I hope we don't have to go back to the paper books as I have no clue where I tossed mine when the lodgement receipt email came back :)

Of all the other keepers I know that tried the system only one had an issue and that was in the end due to the fact they had recently changed ISPs + so email address and missed telling DECCW of the change so the registration wouldn't work. One email and Allan had it sorted, and all went well.

I don't have the time to muck around with the new system... Last year I sent my log book in and got the new book in a week or so. This year I sent the book in early April and still have not received my new log book??? So much for technology.

They aren't sending new books. You have to change to the online system. You receive a letter saying that

First I heard is from you. Have not received any letters from department since they took my money 3 years ago

Oh that sucks. Well yeah I got a letter saying they had received my book (I sent it in instead of signing up this year too) and that they won't be sending a new book. Instead you basically have to sign up for the online one. I think there was an option for people who don't have Internet access but I guess that won't apply to you :p

Stoked.

I lodged mine online for the first time on the weekend. Just went to check it all got carried over properly and it was.:D

Got me thinking I hope they allow online renewals at some point, low and behold I find the link in the FAQ. can't wait to renew my license now. I try to renew for the 5 years but the keep signing me up for the 2 year renewal. 10% discount here I come. Woo Hoo :lol: :lol:

Sorry if I missed something but I got a text form the department giving me the option to do an e-book or send in the log book as usual.

One would think that if the log book system is now obsolete, that the department would inform me.

I will ring them to find out. What a muck up. Reminds me of my fishing licence

Yeah it sounds like they just didn't send you the letter. This year they were accepting log books but they won't be sending out new ones for next year

Yeah it sounds like they just didn't send you the letter. This year they were accepting log books but they won't be sending out new ones for next year

Not sure if that is correct or not as not everyone has access to the net.

If you lodge you records by sending your books in they will send you out new books for next year, if you lodged your records over the net they won't send you a new book.

I did send my book and instead of a new one I got a letter saying they would not be sending books. The letter did say there is an option for people who don't have access to the internet but I don't think it specified what that option was. It said you had to call them. So you may be right that there will be books still for those people but for anyone who has internet access the letter seemed to imply that you have to use the new system from now on

How long after submitting should it take to receive the new licence? (Not the log book.. the actual licence with the year, signed by a DECCW representative, etc).
I submitted mine on 29th, then I realised I had accidentally specified no animals in my lodgement. I specified two species, but didn't specify numbers, etc. I emailed this information
to them asking to update my lodgement, but no reply as of yet :(

How long after submitting should it take to receive the new licence? (Not the log book.. the actual licence with the year, signed by a DECCW representative, etc).
I submitted mine on 29th, then I realised I had accidentally specified no animals in my lodgement. I specified two species, but didn't specify numbers, etc. I emailed this information
to them asking to update my lodgement, but no reply as of yet :(

Lodging your records and re newing your licence are two totally different things done at different times of the year, licence renewals depending on class are done later in the year.

Lodging your records and re newing your licence are two totally different things done at different times of the year, licence renewals depending on class are done later in the year.

I have an R1 licence. My dashboard within the online system now shows my licence expiry date is 22/04/2011. So, do I now receive a new licence signed by a DECCW representative which reflects the new expiry date?

Actually, on second thought I remember someone saying they'll have a PDF to download/print..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back