DECCW Animal Keeper Licence Fauna Record Keeping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if that is correct or not as not everyone has access to the net.

AArrr your a pretender Rams you are here on internet,expect helicopters and DECC seals in the morning raid :lol:

Just NSW at the moment mate.

I printed a licence application for my gf's brother the other week and on the application there was a section with 2 boxes to choose either the E-Book or Paperback method for record keeping.

Next to the word Paperback it said 'optional' in brackets, so I think if you would prefer to lodge a paperback copy of your records you'd have to call/email/fax them to send one out to you as the E-Book is now the default method.

Well, I did our E Book for this years returns (don't worry, last years have been sent in) fantastic and about time. I feel bad now that I was so skeptical. Thanks to Uncle Zulu I got all the brought forward figures in and away I went.

Good to see that something is working so much better.

Yeah it definitely works well once you get it working. Does anyone know if it has to be updated as soon as you obtain/dispose of an animal or is it still only yearly?

I am pretty sure that you put all your records in and only SUBMIT it once a year.

Personally I think it is a pretty good setup. The only problem is not being able to enter dates prior 1/4/2010, however DECC said they will be correcting the dates via our previous records. To make it a bit easier I just put the correct date in the 'Remarks' text-box at the bottom of the page when entering a species.

Yeah it definitely works well once you get it working. Does anyone know if it has to be updated as soon as you obtain/dispose of an animal or is it still only yearly?

As Fay said, you only submit/lodge it once a year as per usual. So you can either enter what ever you purchase/sell right away or do it before the records are due annually.

i emailed them today because they didnt have my email, changed my last name(by BIRTHS,DEATHS & MARRIGES aswell months ago), changed my address aswell.. got an email back in 2hrs saying try after 5pm all should be fine... great service...

they lied to me...lol.. still cant make an account yet....arrhhh...

Last edited:
I tried to register and the page told me it had failed, ten minutes later I get the registration email. Ignored the weirdness of that and completed my registration. Worked great for a while adding my animals and stuff not complicated. Then when I went to make a lodgement it had one too many of one of my gecko species, had not registered that I had sold it even though that shows as "registered" under the my species and records tab. Sent an email about it have not heard back yet been a few days.

I made a mistake and hit the lodge button before I had finished inputting everything, I then couldn`t enter the purchases I made last year because I had already lodged it for that year. I emailed them with my problem and despite the guy who responded being very helpful I am still no closer to completeing it because I need to contact them by phone to talk me through what to do but was told that he isn`t there after 3pm. I dont get home from work until 4:30 so I basically cant contact them.
My point is they could use an after hours help line, at the very least during April to assist people.

Gec photographer, take a screen dump of the page where you think an error has been made and send it attached with your email. The error will be looked at and replied to quickly. If you have made an error entering data, it can be edited by yourself using the edit button. make the change and give a reason why you changed the record.

Ok I will do the screen dump. As far as I am aware it is not my error, the info is displaying correctly on one page and incorrectly one another.

I made a mistake and hit the lodge button before I had finished inputting everything, I then couldn`t enter the purchases I made last year because I had already lodged it for that year. I emailed them with my problem and despite the guy who responded being very helpful I am still no closer to completeing it because I need to contact them by phone to talk me through what to do but was told that he isn`t there after 3pm. I dont get home from work until 4:30 so I basically cant contact them.
My point is they could use an after hours help line, at the very least during April to assist people.

I did the same thing.. An incomplete lodgement for the previous year gone, and forgot to back-lodge other animals.
I just emailed the guy the details for the current lodgement. He said it would be updated but not appear online.

I was also advised to just back-lodge by entering start date of 01/04/2011 and enter in the remarks section it's carry-over..

Got it all sorted. They reversed my lodgement and I simply redid it. In the end it was too easy.

I sent my book ages ago, and it has not been recieved, so obviously lost in transit, what happens with that?

Your book may not be lost. Send an email asking if your book was received. A replacement can be sent or better do it online.

Breeding License

Hi Everyone,

I am just wondering if I need to get any other licenses to breed Stimson and South West Carpet Pythons other than my category 3? I live in Western Australia and have not been able to get hold of DEC representatives that even mildly know what they are talking about.

Also, in Western Australia, are we required to submit record books to DEC annually? I have asked DEC and haven't been able to get a straight answer from them.

I have recently become a snake owner due to my fascination so I know nothing about regulations in Western Australia other than what I have gathered from the Internet.

Regards

Anni

This thread is about the NSW DECCW Anni. You might have more luck asking in the main forum

ok last night i signed up for the ebook and when i got my password i signed in and followed the instructions to add my species and naturally when it was all done it showed i had none, now im not sure if i have to add them or will they?

i gave my local office my book the last week of April, will they automatically send a new one back or not? do i have to enter my information online myself? i gather i would have to do this but wanted to ask first just in case this information will show up when they process my book?

im pretty sure i can follow the directions to add my info into the ebook the directions seem easy enough to follow, im just worried that double information might show up? should i wait till i get my book sent back then enter the stuff online? (ok just read they wont be sending back books, also im one of those people who have not been sent a text, a email or a letter informing me of this new change, only way i knew about it was this thread)

would appreciate some advice, thank you in advance

If you go to your species records screen you will see all your species. Once you lodge your records for 2010-2011, the transaction information for each species will move to the 'lodged tab' in the records table and the recorded tab will be empty. The summary table though will show the total brought forward from last lodgement and current balance. You cannot edit data once its lodged (this is equivalent to posting your paper book into the wildlife unit).

You are meant to send your book to the Sydney office. You should send the office an email letting them know. If you put a paper book in for 2010-2011, you do not need to do an electronic lodgement. If you double up, it doesnt really matter. If you have not yet lodged electronically, you may as well establish an 'opening account' in the e book, by entering the date 1 April 2011 in the date of receipt or purchase. This is the first day of the 2011-2012 FRB period and will represent your carryover from the previous period. Enter 'carryover from the previous FRB period' in the manadatory fields for that date.

Everyone who had an up to date email address with the unit was notified of the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back