DECCW Animal Keeper Licence Fauna Record Keeping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is strange how this system is working. I haven't had any issues using the e-book yet so many others are stuck. But I can't even find mine now. Lost my bookmark and do you think I can find my way around DECC's site, to get to my e-book? Not a chance. Will have to email them when I get my computer back, and get a link sent to me. lol

I lodged using the online system today - simple and without dramas, love it.

was curious i just did my lodgements wanted to know what does companion? mean its listed on the jungle carpet pythons class

Wow I completely forgot it was already time to submit it, that time has flown by.

was curious i just did my lodgements wanted to know what does companion? mean its listed on the jungle carpet pythons class

I'm pretty sure that the companion tag is what will be next to the first reptile you owned. Was your jungle the first python you owned and submitted in your logbook?

I'm pretty sure that the companion tag is what will be next to the first reptile you owned. Was your jungle the first python you owned and submitted in your logbook?
Nope its my 3rd python and the other snakes don't have it even my first
snake

"Companion" refers to a certain class, like R1, R2 etc.
It is there for people who wish to keep R1 class reptile, but they aren't allowed more than one animal.
By memory I think it is cheaper than the other classes of licences.

Nope its my 3rd python and the other snakes don't have it even my first
snake

Was it the first python you entered into the e-book by any chance when it first got introduced last year?

It is there for people who wish to keep R1 class reptile, but they aren't allowed more than one animal.
By memory I think it is cheaper than the other classes of licences.[/QUOTE

thanks for your help :)
so Companion means you can basically have 1 of that type of animal?
oh oh i think i may be in trouble...:shock::cry:

Was it the first python you entered into the e-book by any chance when it first got introduced last year?

no it was the 3rd python i entered
thanks for the reply :)

By memory I think it is cheaper than the other classes of licences.[/QUOTE

thanks for your help :)
so Companion means you can basically have 1 of that type of animal?
oh oh i think i may be in trouble...:shock::cry:

no it was the 3rd python i entered
thanks for the reply :)

One reptile only, I THINK! When you apply for your licence (at least when I did) it gave you an option of applying for Companion, R1, R2 etc.

I will find the page and paste a link...

Companion native animals keepers licence | Environment & Heritage

So apparently a person who holds a companion licence does not need to complete a record book, so I find it rather strange that it shows up when you ARE completing your record book lol.

Im battling to work out what to do on my online account... I have recently acquired a new licence on the 18th of march after having a break for a couple of years from reptile keeping and have picked up a couple of Stimsons in the past week. I have been able access the ebook for the first time today but it won't let me make any entries prior to April 1, 2012. I have no idea what I am doing wrong :?

Last edited:
now ill help ya :) are you trying to add a new species? did you get your license this march?
this may help
DECCW | NPWS Native Animal Keeper Electronic Record Keeping System

Thanks Sanosuke :)
I have gotten as far as adding a new species but when I try to "Add Details" and put in when I recieved the animal (28/03/12) it just says - 'Date of receipt or disposal' is not allowed to be before 01/Apr/2012'
Have i missed a step/done something incorrectly??

Thanks Sanosuke :)
I have gotten as far as adding a new species but when I try to "Add Details" and put in when I recieved the animal (28/03/12) it just says - 'Date of receipt or disposal' is not allowed to be before 01/Apr/2012'
Have i missed a step/done something incorrectly??
nope that doesn't sound incorrect
maybe this will help lol sorry i posted wrong link

For persons who were licensed before April 2011 and who have not already electronically lodged records with the Department, this will mean establishing an opening account of species and individuals you held on 1 April 2011 - the first date of the current reporting period. Wildlife Licensing and Management Unit retains all your old Fauna Record Book information and does not require you to re-enter all the details of previous reporting periods.
How do I start to add records/transactions about my species?
When you first register, you need to enter your species in the 'My Species and Records' screen using the add new species button. Then you will drill down into the species record by clicking in the view and edit button (looks like a piece of paper with a dog ear). The name of your species will appear at the top of the screen. Scroll down to the records table and click on add new record. This will open the 'Add Record' screen where you enter your individual yearly transactions.
As stated, persons who have been licensees prior to April 2011 and have not previously lodged their records electronically, will need to start their animal keeper account with an opening balance. This is the carryover you had from the previous 2010-2011 fauna record book year that ended on 31 March 2011. The values '1/4/2011' and 'opening balance' will automatically appear in the date of receipt or disposal and method of receipt or disposal fields. Apart from the number of individuals you held on that day, no other information for these animals will be required. This is because we already have this information in your previously supplied (paper) fauna record book. Press Save to end the transaction.

If, you were given another animal in May 2011, click on 'add new transaction' button again and then enter the full details of how you acquired that animal and then press save again. In this way, you are building up a record of all your transactions during the 2011-2012 reporting period.
Those persons who were granted a licence after 1 April 2011 can simply enter the exact dates you acquired and disposed of your individual animals.
Your summary table will give you an ongoing tally of the number of animals of that species you have in your possession.

Do I use the book all the time or just at the end of the reporting period?
It is a condition of your licence to keep a true and accurate record of your holdings. Regularly maintaining your books will also allow you to better manage your hobby.

Weird.... I entered it as a "Gift-in" acquistion then saved. I then edited it to "purchase" and its working just fine! I've only wasted the last hour and a half of my life....lol. Thanks for your help though, Sanosuke

having the same issues with the date, its a glitch that will be fixed in the next 2 days or so according to OEH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back