Defensive New Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The base is glass and the heat mat is attached onto the underside of this? There are two pieces of glass and the mat sits in between with room or air flow.

Is this an issue?

We are currently on fuzzy mice and they said to move to the next sixe up once finished this packet
As long as it’s not touching wood and has a bit of room under the mat it should be fine, however I’d give it a tiny bit more air than what it has.

With food you can definitely go to fuzzy rats, they’re about the same size as hopper mice if not a lil bigger

The base is glass and the heat mat is attached onto the underside of this? There are two pieces of glass and the mat sits in between with room or air flow.

Is this an issue?

We are currently on fuzzy mice and they said to move to the next sixe up once finished this packet
No that is fine. As long as the mat is on glass and has airflow there shouldn't be an issue.

I think we are forgetting to mention to let the snake settle in for a week or so with no disturbances at all unless necessary (water tipped over)

I honestly have no idea why people suggest feeding in different tubs, as said; the snake knows it’s feeding time as soon as it’s food enters the room, changing its location is just asking to get bit, when food is on its mind, as well as stressing the animal out after it’s been fed, just to move it...
Again, not your fault , just typical pet shop rubbish

Edit: handling too much can also be problematic, as some members will tell you, it can cause issues you won’t exactly realise or link with handling , (I.e hesitant to come out of hide) I made The mistake of handling every day and slowly noticed some strange things, just food for thought

BTW WE NEED PICTURES!
How often do u handle them? Im perhaps too excited about having a snake and want to have it out everyday

Whem it comes to handling as said above is pretty spot on imo . Rather than actually 'handling' i like to take mine out for a bit of outside time , as in on the grass or a climb on the close line etc ( well supervised and probably not small hatchies ) . Fresh air , new smells and a bit of exercise is nothing but beneficial imo ! Especially when keeping them in tubs . Its not like they crave or enjoy human interaction but A bit of handling getting to or from their enclosure is probably enough over time to let them know you're not such threat and is beneficial to their wellbeig IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back