Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
....a dutch hardcore DJ...calling himself "Ophidian"

That would be a heavy gig if you were the one who took the blue pill ;)
Your python looks happy in his cage even if it's hard to clean. I still think if you rigged the cage with a large drain in the bottom you could just open the drain and flush the whole cage out?

That would be a heavy gig if you were the one who took the blue pill ;)
Your python looks happy in his cage even if it's hard to clean. I still think if you rigged the cage with a large drain in the bottom you could just open the drain and flush the whole cage out?

Yeh its a real pain... basically I built it so everything (background, fake plants, pumps, waterfall, pebbles, bamboo perches) etc are totally removable in about 10 mins. But its more than just removing that, you need to pump out all the water (from both areas as the "dry" area gets water and poo in in it too) and then disinfect the pebbles, perches and plants - then you need to dry everything, let it evaporate and ensure there isnt any nasty cleaning chem residue left and then replace everything. It really takes a lot longer than it should to be practicable, but thats the price of having a fancy display enclosure that maintains heat and humidity as it needs to.

And the blue pill was awesome ;)

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows where I cant get my GTP sexed, and also what is the best age.
It is 12 months old

I am located in Vic.
Thank you

Its not so much age, more so size. Speak with the breeder you purchased from and they will be able to give you the best advice, based on size/weight etc, as to if your snake is ready to be sexed yet. One would also assume that if they are able to breed them, they would probably be able to sex them for you also ;)

Thanks for the info Mayhem
We are actually wanting to purchase another gtp and dont see the point in getting two of the same sex, atleast that way we have the option to breed later on if we choose so.

I just thought someone in Vic may of been able to reccomend some one.

Diddnt realize you were allowed to keep GTP's in VIC yet? Cos they weren't on the permitted list? Maybe things have changed?

You will find GTP's are permitted in Vic, there is also number of breeders that have been breeding them here for sometime now :).

Ahhh ok, I just see everyone in VIC sooking about how they can't have them, and I always thought it was a little bit of justice seeing we can't keep crocs or sugar gliders in QLD :p

my new GTP from this season :D

cheers HK.

Attachments

• pic10.jpg
    pic10.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 114
re Definate

Few of the greens now,theyre looking good,freddo frog exotic green :lol:
tn__3214752.jpg

tn__3214753.jpg

tn__3134709.jpg

Beautiful Snakes Zulu
The last one that is green and yellow...will it stay like that or will it eventually go all green
Regards

Elizabeth

nice animals zulu, that 50/50 is sweet !
This girl hasn't changed in 6 months, hopefully she will stay like this :D

cheers HK.

Attachments

• pic80.jpg
    pic80.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 129
very nice herpkeeper!

Just recently picked up my first GTP and cant wait for it start to change but is probably a good few months off yet.......

thanks David, they are a beautiful animal to keep, all the best with yours & keep us updated with some pics :)
cheers Shane, she's definately my favorite out of my GTP's

cheers HK.

re Definate

Beautiful Snakes Zulu
The last one that is green and yellow...will it stay like that or will it eventually go all green
Regards

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,hasnt changed that one for quite a while,should keep allot of yellow and gain some blue ide expect.

nice animals zulu, that 50/50 is sweet !
This girl hasn't changed in 6 months, hopefully she will stay like this

Hi HerpKeeper,thats outstanding,like freddo frog meets barney bananna in a blenda :)

re Definate

Good photos Dicky,got that hint of blue coming through all over now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back