Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A snake/reptile that has a lack of black colouration. Basically albino with out the red eyes (I think someone correct me if im wrong).

The reptile can still have some black on it - it's just visibly reduced
:)

umm sort of hard to tell from the pic would need a close up but it just basically means lack of black pigment (colouration) . So very few black scales.

heres a hypo bredli (soz cant remember whos pic this was)

t_hyper_bredl.jpg

hypo definition

now compare the last pic to a normal bredli (hope this helps and soz bout the quality of the second pic)

bredli.jpg

Thanks. I'm really looking for ways to develop the red coloration in this line. I realise the basics, keep the best offspring and put to him again when they grow, but the genetics of it i have no idea.
These reds just have me stumped. They lack without exception so far orange eyes, which every other stimsons i have which isnt red has got. And the red colouring and lack of orange eyes so far has only been on males.
Any ideas??

Those stimsons are definitely hypomelanistic...i'd say there's so much yet to be found out and discovered yet in WA.Have there been any albino stimsons caught at all?

Not that i'm aware of. Potentially piebald i've heard, but yet to be proven as an inheritable trait as far as i know.

I have some freaks, also yet to be proven as inheritable traits though

Nice snake womas, do they change with age?, do you have adults that colour?, do other colours occur in the same area? sorry bout all the questions but i just think it is a stunning snake, probably the best stimsons i have seen.

Got anything as freaky as this??.... :shock:

60376lovesabitofrawmeatSM.jpg

:lol: - sorry i had to post it

Best i have seen also pike1. These guys have all come from the same area, give or take a few km's, females from that area are not red so far.
The one above is adult and I am hoping he will do the deed this year.
I'd say his colours will stay good as i would say he is over 3-4 years old, but being WC i cant be sure

womas, its only hypomelanistic if its suppose to have black in it, which i dont think it is.The Stimsons there dont usually have black so i dont think it is hypomelanistic. Still an outstanding colour though.

Damn Hobbler Gobblers!!! Always popping up where they are not wanted!!

My thoughts also pike1. I do have some very dark ones but not black, so saying they quite often have black spots through their blotching.

Kenshin said:
imagin that latching onto ur a$$ while ur on the can......... lol

id be more worried about it grabbing something else :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back