Deformed possible leather-back beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheekabee

Reaction score
I have a clutch that is starting to hatch and every single lizard that has hatched is deformed, my female bearded dragon has produced perfect clutches in the past where all bearded dragons are perfect but a have got a new male and this is the first clutch that they have produced together, both are perfectly healthy. My incubation method is perfect because I recently hatched red barred dragons that are perfect. So Im pretty certain that the genetics are to blame. Also Im not sure if one of the hatched bearded dragon could be a leatherback. Here are a few pics.

IMG_3011 by Melbourne herping, on Flickr

IMG_3029 by Melbourne herping, on Flickr

IMG_3031 by Melbourne herping, on Flickr

IMG_3027 by Melbourne herping, on Flickr

IMG_3010 by Melbourne herping, on Flickr

Is the first one a leather back?

Aww poor little guys :( I just want to cuddle them and make them all better!
Sorry can't help you with the leatherback question.

aww poor thing :( I am against leatherbacks and silkies.

I have a clutch that is starting to hatch and every single lizard that has hatched is deformed, my female bearded dragon has produced perfect clutches in the past where all bearded dragons are perfect but a have got a new male and this is the first clutch that they have produced together, both are perfectly healthy. My incubation method is perfect because I recently hatched red barred dragons that are perfect. So Im pretty certain that the genetics are to blame. Also Im not sure if one of the hatched bearded dragon could be a leatherback. Here are a few pics.

IMG_3011 by Melbourne herping, on Flickr

IMG_3029 by Melbourne herping, on Flickr

IMG_3031 by Melbourne herping, on Flickr

IMG_3027 by Melbourne herping, on Flickr

IMG_3010 by Melbourne herping, on Flickr

Is the first one a leather back?

Is your new male a leather back? if not I doubt they are leather backs just under developed, just like when people open snake eggs and find a solid white snake that have not made it full term. It may still be an incubation problem even tho you have hatched other dragons at the same time, maybe the embryos were at different stages so weren't effected the same way.

Is it at all possible your new male is from the same line as your female? That could cause deformities.

Is it at all possible your new male is from the same line as your female? That could cause deformities.

it would only cause deformities if it was in the line.... a lot of people breed siblings with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back